Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Want To Slam You........ UPDATE

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 53 Replies

I live in a relatively quiet apartment complex and I live on the second floor in a very nice 2 bedroom with my hubby, my 20 month old, and my 6 week old. Well our downstairs neighbors moved out weeks ago and they were great with a little one of their own. Now today the new downstairs neighbors are moving in. So far they slammed their door 3 times in a short amount of time and each time it was loud and shook the whole apartment waking my 6 week old that I just gotten down for a nap. My 6 week old has been fussy all day today and I was so happy that she finally went down for a bit only to be pissed off that the new people woke her. These people are not starting off right with me. Next time I hear them slam their door I will confront them. I understand they are moving stuff in but there is no need to slam doors!

EDIT:

The new people are college students with no children. I guess Im just grumpy since I only got a total of 4 hours of sleep last night and been dealing with a fussy baby all day. Im upset about the door slamming hard and shaking the apartment not about the normal move in noise.

UPDATE:

Well last night they came back close to midnight and started up the noise again and more slamming of the door. This time waking both my little ones.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Hmmm... Kind of the nonsense you put up with when you live in an apt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate apartments.
not.atyou
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude. They're moving.

Of course there's going to be noise. Chill out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

God, I hated my apartment for that reason. My neighbors were such assholes. They were up all night, every night. I got to the point when I walked around the apartment I took the broom and banged on the ceiling with every step. They got the hint. ;)

lydi
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

My mom used to slam the door, after I noticed I asked her about it and she was just making sure it was shut, but has since stopped slamming it like that. 

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

is their LO a toddler? that could be why the door is slamming, i would be super annoyed too though

SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I understand the normal noise for moving in but slamming the door hard enough to shake the apartment is not normal

Quoting not.atyou:

Dude. They're moving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM

It's hard moving furniture in and sometimes the doors don't close as slowly as you are used to in your prior place.  Can't you let them move in before you judge them?

not.atyou
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Lol!

While moving?! Yes, it is! Lol

Quoting SilverOcean84:

I understand the normal noise for moving in but slamming the door hard enough to shake the apartment is not normal

Quoting not.atyou:

Dude. They're moving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)