Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Benefits of apartment living.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
Please help me convince my husband to move into an apartment. We love with my parents and we were going to rent the house for 800, but my dad said they couldn't afford that and we would have to pay the full mortgage, 1500. Well we can't afford that. I found us an apartment in a neighboring town that takes cats for about 950 (I called a few months ago so I can't remember the exact price). He didn't want to move into an apartment then but I'm not sure if he'll want to move into an apartment and there's no way in hell I'm moving back in with his family.
Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Bump!
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM
No grass. Bugs coming in from outside? Nope. People coming upto your door? Nope. Well not if you have a doorman or elevator by keys and not buttons.
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Well honestly; I'd rather live in an appartment than with my parents... why doesn't he want to live in an apartment?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM

The land lord takes care of everything, that is the only perk to apartment life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Not liable if something breaks. Yes. Able to move at a whim without worry of selling old house. Yes.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

No grass. Bugs coming in from outside? Nope. People coming upto your door? Nope. Well not if you have a doorman or elevator by keys and not buttons.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

He would rather live with his IN-laws than an apartment? First man ever.

robyann
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

hmm the perks of apt living......

no yard work, (some) pools with no pool upkeep, kids have playmates close by, having a dumpster (that's my favorite one lol), no home repairs, no buying appliances like a new stove, fridge, or dishwasher

That's all I can think of right now, but those are some good points. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I am pretty sure I would live under a bridge before living with parents, so i don't know how to help if he is okay with that.

mochasista
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Thant and I get free cable 

Quoting thenameshailie:

The land lord takes care of everything, that is the only perk to apartment life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)