Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can see my 5 yr olds nipples through shirts/dresses *RESOLVED, THANKS*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

I am having trouble with my 5 year old daughter's clothing. Like I will buy what's cute and then her nipples show through the top and I can't let her wear it like that! She's not fat, but she's not skinny either. It's the cotton tops that they show through.

I bought her a sports bra, and DH had a fit. lol... so now she's only allowed to wear that bra to bed. DH won't let her wear it under clothes. I tried putting the spaghetti strap shirts on her under dresses and such, but they always seem to be too big up top! I haven't been able to find a spaghetti strap shirt under size XS or 6X. She wears a size 5.

Alright moms...have you had this problem? Solutions??? Am I just being weird...like should I just let her nipples show through? It just seems...ick to me. Like it doesn't matter that she's only 5, I don't want kids seeing her nipples! lol

**Thanks ladies for your helpful responses! I've purchased some 4T undershirts!! **

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybear123
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I have no idea. Bump.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Trust me - you and pedophiles are the only ones noticing. The other kids won't give a shit.
nancym3
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
No clue. My middle dd is 5 and she doesn't have that problem.
IndigoOwl
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Haven't dealt with this. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

What about tee shirts under her clothing?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am having trouble with my 5 year old daughter's clothing. Like I will buy what's cute and then her nipples show through the top and I can't let her wear it like that! She's not fat, but she's not skinny either. It's the cotton tops that they show through.

I bought her a sports bra, and DH had a fit. lol... so now she's only allowed to wear that bra to bed. DH won't let her wear it under clothes. I tried putting the spaghetti strap shirts on her under dresses and such, but they always seem to be too big up top! I haven't been able to find a spaghetti strap shirt under size XS or 6X. She wears a size 5.

Alright moms...have you had this problem? Solutions??? Am I just being weird...like should I just let her nipples show through? It just seems...ick to me. Like it doesn't matter that she's only 5, I don't want kids seeing her nipples! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Over by the kid bras they have undershirts,  you could try those.  They worked for my dd but she was a bit older when we started using them.  But they did work well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Pedophiles :-S Exactly why I want to fix this problem! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Trust me - you and pedophiles are the only ones noticing. The other kids won't give a shit.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Jesus H.

Kaybean
No, I agree with the OP. It's tacky.

OP, they do sell really small camis for girls.

Quoting Anonymous:

dmarie2101

really? do you think they'll stop looking then? no. a pedo is a pedo is a pedo. they will look no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pedophiles :-S Exactly why I want to fix this problem! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)