Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahm with school age kids ? What do you do with kids in the summer?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I am feel guilty. I want to put my son in a program from 10 am to 1 pm. four days a week. I think doing this will make me appreciate our time together. My kid 6. It would be 80 for the month. Summer activities crafted etc. I can afford it bc I still have some tax refund $. What do you do to keep Sane and your kids busy in the summer?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I think you should put your child in the program. :) social skills new friends new things to learn :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I am feel guilty. I want to put my son in a program from 10 am to 1 pm. four days a week. I think doing this will make me appreciate our time together. My kid 6. It would be 80 for the month. Summer activities crafted etc. I can afford it bc I still have some tax refund $. What do you do to keep Sane and your kids busy in the summer?

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
She usually takes classes at the community college. They have little science camps and what not. We do it every summer.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Usually some kind of summer camp to keep him busy. 

CathyPowell
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

My kids are going to a Summer Day Camp on Friday's all day at the local dance academy. It includes going nextdoor to the water park...and they can't wait!

Don't feel guilty! Your kids will want away from you for a few hours anyway. Bored kids are just as bad as bored adults :)

BTW...for $80 a month?! You're lucky!!!!

jillbailey26
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I send them outside a lot, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

bcoll
by Brandi on May. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Everything we can't do all winter! Hike, camp. Hit the beach, the park. We have a family vacation in July. We spend August in Greece. I cry when the fall hits and school steals them away again lol

MrsNewman
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM

There are enough kids in our neighborhood to keep them busy over the summer. Plus our family vacations, camping trips and such.

Leobaby2007
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Camp and vacation!
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on May. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I have season passes to Six Flags, there are 2 state parks close by, there are 6 elementary school playgrounds, 4 public playgrounds with spraygrounds, and I sometimes take my nephews.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)