Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need some tax help ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Ok so we got a notice in the mail saying they are holding this years return because they do not have a file for taxes in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Which is BS because we DID file. We have never missed any years. Heres the issue, we can not find the paper work ANYWHER. Im sure we used Turbotax to file for those years. Does anyone know how to get copies that you filed?? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

BUMP!

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Turbo tax may only have this and last year's returns. I would contact them and ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Contact turbo tax
steffielou_who
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM
You can go to the IRS website and request transcripts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM

You're in deep dodo , sorry i have e and paper copies of my tax returns , i use taxact and they do keep the last few years on record for me for a small fee (last year for free)

Omd12
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Turbotax has all the returns you ever filed you go to options then select prior years returns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You're in deep dodo , sorry i have e and paper copies of my tax returns , i use taxact and they do keep the last few years on record for me for a small fee (last year for free)

We cant be. We did file. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting Omd12:

Turbotax has all the returns you ever filed you go to options then select prior years returns

Where is the options button. Im looking at their site and dont see it. We did not use turbo tax this year because DH got a new job and it upped the tax bracket. So we used a CPA this year. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Log in to TurboTax.  Also, if you have record of a refund or payment, that would be helpful too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Normally you'd request copies from the IRS. :/   Go back to the computer you used and open the application.  That won't prove they were filed though.  We always mail ours certified so we have a record, and our attorney keeps a copy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)