Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sorry my kid offended you, buuuut, really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, so me, dh, and our almost 5 year old DS are in the fitting room area of a clothing store. My DH is trying on clothes and I'm waiting to hand him more. My DS is behind me. He is very social, always saying hello to random strangers.

So I hear him say, "Hi! I like your chair!"

Turn and look, there's a woman in a motorized wheel chair. She completely ignores him, comes up to me and says, "Your son is rude, you need to teach him better manners*. This is why I can't go anywhere." Then before I can say anything she leaves. 

I'm baffled. I thought he was being nice. Right?

Anyway, he came up to me afterwards and said, "I'm sorry, Momma." And it just made my heart break. I told him he was fine, that she wasn't really mad at him.

*For the person that corrected me, I spelled it three different ways before deciding that was the right one, one of those things where it looks right, but it's not right, you know? My brain is not working. I apologize.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

It's her problem not yours. It doesn't sound like he was being rude at all. 

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Wow, I was told my kid was pretty much awesome for saying something similar. WTF was up her butt that day?

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
What a bitch. I'd tell her to grow thicker skin
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
He's 5, she needs to learn some manners
poietes
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like some one is seeing insults everywhere she goes. I dont think he did anything wrong.
mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on May. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Wow maybe the lady is self consious but I see nothing wrong with what your son said some people have bad days so maybe she was having a really bad day.
dlnimo
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
He did nothing wrong, poor guy! Sounds like he just met someone who was in a bad place in life.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Sounds like she's got abit of a victim complex going on
Leilisemia
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

That lady was a bitch. She probably never leaves her home because shes afraid people will "stare" at her. And your son wasn't rude... he was just friendly. But you should try reminding him not to talk to strangers because not everyone is as friendly as he is...

sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)