Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son did it... he actually did it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
14 moms liked this

My son is 10 and is autistic.  He is in regular classes and makes very good grades.  His has quite a few quirks and social skills for him are a challenge.  It does makes him stand out.  I am grateful that he rarely has trouble with other kids.  95% of the his class love him because he is so nice.  They accept him and help him when he needs it.  But then there is always that one kid that lives to cause trouble.

This year it's a kid named Caleb.  He annoys everyone.  He criticizes everything - the way they speak, how they walk, what they have for lunch, ect.  He has even tried to tell the teacher how to teach the class.  He was corrected the other day for making a mess and was told to clean it up.  He told the teacher that the janitor gets paid to clean so she just needs to let him earn his meager paycheck (I was in the classroom that day).  He is just an arrogant kid.  

I got a call today from one of the teachers.  The first thing she said was that she has expected all year for some kid to have a come-back so good that it shuts  Caleb up for a while.  She just didn't expect to come from my ds.  She told me that this happened today during inside recess.  The class was playing a game and my son started stimming (he repeats things very quietly to himself).  The kid was sitting next to him and said loud enough for the class to hear...

Caleb: "You are so weird.  You must be from Mars?"

DS : "And you must be from Uranus so guess what that makes you?"

The whole class heard it and laughed.  The teacher said that she had to fake a coughing fit so she could step out of the room.  She didn't want them to know she was laughing too.  Caleb was embarrassed and didn't say anything for the rest of the day. 

I am so proud that my son actually stuck up for himself.  And that he was able to come up with an appropriatly worded response (those of you dealing with autism or communication disorders know what I am talking about). I wouldn't normally let him insult others but I think I will let this one slide.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajdahd13
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Lol! That's awesome!

UnFFnStoppable4
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Awesome!
trailerrrtrash
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM

lol good for him!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on May. 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Good for him.

CafeMom Tickers
zoo003
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM

way to go Good for him!!!!

VintageWife

lmbo!

briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Lol
1likeme
LOL that was a good one.
JulesFairy
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Kid deserved it. I would totally let him slide. And mmmaaayyybbbeeee take him out for ice cream. Someone needed to shut him up.
robibuni
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Hahaha, he sounds like my Autistic brother! He's got a sharp tongue :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN