Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cute as a...bug??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I never have and never will understand why some people call their kid(s) 'bug' or say things like, 'cute as a bug.'

Huh??

Since when are bugs CUTE?!

Bugs get smooshed. They are a nuisance. Some of them spread diseases and even kill people and/or animals. And your kids are CUTE like them?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NESmith63
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Lol good point!
kels1023
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I don't get "cute as a button" either
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I'm my daddys meggybug. He had a song he would sing to about it to me when i was sad. I miss him
ladysamanda
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I think lady bugs are cute.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Awee. My bff and I used to always call each other bug in HS. That was our thing. But that was a Looooong time ago, lol. We always used it in reference to a lady bug. I am not so sure what it means now though.

mommyx2-2006
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I'm the odd one out...in my defense I was raised on a farm and have tried unsuccessfully to stop but I have called my oldest one Turkey face since bringing her home from the hospital and my youngest DD was dubbed the beast because she is vicious. I have no idea why I called her that but it stuck...I still do it. Thank goodness she loves me. I don't do it in front of her friends. Heck I call her bff a stalker cause the kid won't quit following me around

Zazayam
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute as a bug in a rug!

Stupid expression, I agree. Mine are much cuter then a creepy crawly little nasty thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured