Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

From experience, is parenting what you thought it would be?

by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yes and no?
stormystar15
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I was 17 when I had my oldest and he was easy until he turned 3 and parenting got a lot harder and not what I expected.
MommyOfOne2710
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
No, but I love every minute of it. :)
sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I don't think I had certain expectations as a teen mom. I was more on denial I think. It it wasn't for my boy friend (now dh) I don't know what I would have done once she arrived and reality sank in. We worked as a team. It was a lil rocky since his pay was not much since he was 18, but we made it work.
jojo_star
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

So what you are saying is that whoever pays, is the one raising the kid. So a woman who gets WIC and medicaid isn't raising her kids, the government is, since they are paying for the basic care for the child? 

I can't believe you are comparing babysitters or daycare workers to  parents. I may not have paid for anything or driven him around, but I was the primary care giver for my son. I fed him, bathed him, read him stories, tucked him in, got up at night, rocked and walked him from midnight to dawn, disciplined him, took him to the park, kissed his scraped knees, and dried his tears. I raised him. Not my parents. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Raising a child is more than who cares for them, its who provides in all ways.

By your stand point then babysitters or daycare workers raise children. Which they don't since they do not provide a child's basic needs.

Without your parents you would have had none of the essential needs of your child, thus leaving you incapable of raising the child.

Quoting jojo_star:

My parents drove and paid. Doesn't change who raised him. I did.



Quoting Anonymous:

You had your kid at 13, you didnt raise him alone.








No 13 year old can have a job, how'd you pay for diapers, clothes, get to his dr appointments? 13 year olds cant drive.





Quoting jojo_star:

Nice try, but my husband and I raise them, and before I met and married, I raised my son on my own. Not my parents. Me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. I dont have the option of letting my parents raise them. I do. Nobody else. Thank you very much :-)











Quoting jojo_star:

I disagree with the first two and the last one. I have a life seperate from my children. I can go to the bathroom alone. My children are wonderful. The third I agree with, and the fourth, well, that will happen to every woman at some point. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fuck no. They need to pass out pamphlets in high school saying




You will never again have a life









You cant take a shit by yourself









Everyone will judge you for not doing it their way









Your boobs will sag









Your mom was right. Kids suck.








AubreeG16
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Hell no! When I first found out I was 14 and pregnant with my twins, I thought honestly that I would be alone and I would sleep maybe once a month, never shower. LOL. But It has in many ways been easier, AND harder. Now I am almost 18 with almost 3 year old twins and couldnt wish it any other way. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Tucked him into a bed your parents paid for, bathed him in water their money paid for. Without them you would not have had anything he needed for what three years?

Quoting jojo_star:

So what you are saying is that whoever pays, is the one raising the kid. So a woman who gets WIC and medicaid isn't raising her kids, the government is, since they are paying for the basic care for the child? 

I can't believe you are comparing babysitters or daycare workers to  parents. I may not have paid for anything or driven him around, but I was the primary care giver for my son. I fed him, bathed him, read him stories, tucked him in, got up at night, rocked and walked him from midnight to dawn, disciplined him, took him to the park, kissed his scraped knees, and dried his tears. I raised him. Not my parents. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Raising a child is more than who cares for them, its who provides in all ways.



By your stand point then babysitters or daycare workers raise children. Which they don't since they do not provide a child's basic needs.



Without your parents you would have had none of the essential needs of your child, thus leaving you incapable of raising the child.



Quoting jojo_star:

My parents drove and paid. Doesn't change who raised him. I did.





Quoting Anonymous:

You had your kid at 13, you didnt raise him alone.











No 13 year old can have a job, how'd you pay for diapers, clothes, get to his dr appointments? 13 year olds cant drive.







Quoting jojo_star:

Nice try, but my husband and I raise them, and before I met and married, I raised my son on my own. Not my parents. Me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. I dont have the option of letting my parents raise them. I do. Nobody else. Thank you very much :-)














Quoting jojo_star:

I disagree with the first two and the last one. I have a life seperate from my children. I can go to the bathroom alone. My children are wonderful. The third I agree with, and the fourth, well, that will happen to every woman at some point. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fuck no. They need to pass out pamphlets in high school saying





You will never again have a life











You cant take a shit by yourself











Everyone will judge you for not doing it their way











Your boobs will sag











Your mom was right. Kids suck.









jojo_star
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Yes, my parents paid for what we needed until I could. They still didn't raise him, I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tucked him into a bed your parents paid for, bathed him in water their money paid for. Without them you would not have had anything he needed for what three years?



Quoting jojo_star:

So what you are saying is that whoever pays, is the one raising the kid. So a woman who gets WIC and medicaid isn't raising her kids, the government is, since they are paying for the basic care for the child? 

I can't believe you are comparing babysitters or daycare workers to  parents. I may not have paid for anything or driven him around, but I was the primary care giver for my son. I fed him, bathed him, read him stories, tucked him in, got up at night, rocked and walked him from midnight to dawn, disciplined him, took him to the park, kissed his scraped knees, and dried his tears. I raised him. Not my parents. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Raising a child is more than who cares for them, its who provides in all ways.





By your stand point then babysitters or daycare workers raise children. Which they don't since they do not provide a child's basic needs.





Without your parents you would have had none of the essential needs of your child, thus leaving you incapable of raising the child.





Quoting jojo_star:

My parents drove and paid. Doesn't change who raised him. I did.







Quoting Anonymous:

You had your kid at 13, you didnt raise him alone.














No 13 year old can have a job, how'd you pay for diapers, clothes, get to his dr appointments? 13 year olds cant drive.









Quoting jojo_star:

Nice try, but my husband and I raise them, and before I met and married, I raised my son on my own. Not my parents. Me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. I dont have the option of letting my parents raise them. I do. Nobody else. Thank you very much :-)

















Quoting jojo_star:

I disagree with the first two and the last one. I have a life seperate from my children. I can go to the bathroom alone. My children are wonderful. The third I agree with, and the fourth, well, that will happen to every woman at some point. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fuck no. They need to pass out pamphlets in high school saying






You will never again have a life













You cant take a shit by yourself













Everyone will judge you for not doing it their way













Your boobs will sag













Your mom was right. Kids suck.










Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmel63
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM


You are in the 1.5 percent of teen mothers that earned a four year degree.  Congratulate your self.  You earned it. This does not negate the fact that the rest of the other 98.5 percent will not.

Quoting OneToughMami:

It was nothing like my guidance counselor told me. He told me my life was ruined I would never go to college. Man, I cannot want until I start my student teaching next week and see him!



OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I know that however, your guidance counselor should not flat out tell you things like that. They are supposed to help you find resources and such to help you.

Quoting Carmel63:


You are in the 1.5 percent of teen mothers that earned a four year degree.  Congratulate your self.  You earned it. This does not negate the fact that the rest of the other 98.5 percent will not.


Quoting OneToughMami:

It was nothing like my guidance counselor told me. He told me my life was ruined I would never go to college. Man, I cannot want until I start my student teaching next week and see him!




Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)