Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

High blood pressure. 39 weeks pregnant. Help questions

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 27 Replies
I just checked my blood pressure and its 132/78 which is way higher than my usual 110/68. When I went into preterm labor 5 weeks ago it was at 138 and they said that was because my contractions were so strong. My other symptoms are loss of my mucus plug yesterday, crazy pressure on my cervix and rectum, and I'm having an obscene amount of mucus constantly coming out of me all the time. It's so much that no one ha probably ever seen so much. I'm also cramping. (Last week I was 4 cm and 70% effaced) any adivce??
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure you drink a lot of water, stay away from caffeine and salt, take it easy, put your feet up. Do you have a headache or any swelling in your ankles or lower legs? Are you seeing spots? Any change in the amount of urine you are producing? 

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 4, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Call your doctor, or go to the hospital?
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 4, 2013 at 1:52 AM

call your doctor.

CarolineVm.t.b
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Oh wow, seeing spots yes, crazy amount of urination, I can't seem to stop, no swelling, I've had my feet up fr the past couple hours :/

Quoting jojo_star:

Make sure you drink a lot of water, stay away from caffeine and salt, take it easy, put your feet up. Do you have a headache or any swelling in your ankles or lower legs? Are you seeing spots? Any change in the amount of urine you are producing? 

CocoBeen
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Go to Labor and delivery NOW. Those are all signs of pre-e. Seeing spots is fairly advanced.

Quoting CarolineVm.t.b:

Oh wow, seeing spots yes, crazy amount of urination, I can't seem to stop, no swelling, I've had my feet up fr the past couple hours :/

Quoting jojo_star:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocoBeen
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM
And yes I had it I was put in the hospital at 34 weeks with it.

Quoting CocoBeen:

Go to Labor and delivery NOW. Those are all signs of pre-e. Seeing spots is fairly advanced.

Quoting CarolineVm.t.b:

Quoting jojo_star:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Call Doctor or E.R.....

I would be at hospital in E.R, and refuse to leave by now .♥♥♥♥

CLICK-ABLE TO GROUP

CarolineVm.t.b
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Ok thank you!!

Quoting CocoBeen:

Quoting CarolineVm.t.b:

Quoting jojo_star:

Allinorder
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Oh crap yes go to L&D right now. 

jojo_star
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Any headache? Has your dr ever checked your urine for protein?

Quoting CarolineVm.t.b:

Quoting jojo_star:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN