Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F***ing douche (food service related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
9 moms liked this
I was out late visiting my family and stopped on my way home at McDonalds to grab a couple double cheeseburgers for my hubby before heading home and an order of fries. I went inside because the last time I got fries they were stone cold and nasty. Mind you it's about 3 am in a store that has been 24 hours for a very short time so they've still got quite a few kinks to work out. I had to make my order with three girl using receipt paper and figuring out the total with tax the old fashioned way. Not that much of an issue. I got a drink and stood to the side because a fairly large group came in behind me. This one guy started right in on berating the staff and managers. The girl apologized for the inconvenience and explained that the drawers were being counted (poor planning on managements part IMO, but whatever). This guy kept on and on because he wanted an ice cream machine too and couldn't have in because the machine was down (cleaning mode). The girl finished his order and went back to the back to get the tax info. It's at about five minutes listening to this ass that I started getting really annoyed. I'm standing at the counter sipping on my drink (the chocolate chip frappes are good, but the chocolate chips get in the way) when his buddy asks rudely if I worked there. I looked at him looked down at my clothes and said "seriously? Are you stupid? I am wearing a hot pink hoodie, jeans and shoes that's would fall on my as walking on that floor in 2.5 seconds. What in your right mind makes you think for half a second that I work here?" His mouth opened and closed like a fish which was funny. Head douche started running his mouth at me which didn't end well for him. I unleashed every single Bitch thing I ever wanted to say to an asshole customer that I ever wanted to when I worked at McDonalds 7 years ago as a teenager. Told him first of all you should never piss off someone that has anything to do with your food because food tampering is only illegal if you get caught. Second off these people are working their asses off to give you the food that your lazy ass doesn't want to cook at three am. Third the ice cream machine goes into a cleaning mode every single night at around midnight so that people don't get sick off of ice cream, it has always been that way. Finished by telling him that being a Dick probably won't get him far in life so he might want to think about readjusting his attitude because one of these days he will cross a person that doesn't give a flying fuck about what they say or do to him, but if he has a complaint to take it up with corporate. About that time the manager set my food on the counter and smiled at me. The girls that were with him told him that I was right.

I am sick and tired of people that think it's okay to treat people in the food service (any service for that matter) like the person trending to their wants and needs like they are dog shit on the bottom of their shoe. They are people.

Anon because of this sours I don't want hate mail in my inbox.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Mobile Photo

The crazy amount of chocolate chips that were in this frappe. I liked it, but don't think I'll get another one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Yeah.... people like that suck! Glad u stuck up for the staff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM

I worked for McD's for 8 years, almost made a career out of it as district manager! It's sad to see how some people treat food service workers. Either the employees are new to the work force and this is a way of learning how the real world works, or they've been there a long time and know their shit! They deserve some respect!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM
They really do. I want to throw shit at them when they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah.... people like that suck! Glad u stuck up for the staff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 6:24 AM
The workers were young so I don't think they've likely done it long, but I knew the manager from high school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked for McD's for 8 years, almost made a career out of it as district manager! It's sad to see how some people treat food service workers. Either the employees are new to the work force and this is a way of learning how the real world works, or they've been there a long time and know their shit! They deserve some respect!

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:27 AM
I hate people who are jerks just because.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Humpty Dumpty was pushed.
LCG83
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:28 AM
2 moms liked this
They do put so many. Lol. Sometimes I like the added texture, but usually I just get a caramel frappe. Mmmmm mmmm. Kudos to you for telling off that ass too. I've worked in retail and have done waitressing. Some people have nothing better to do than try to ruin your day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

The crazy amount of chocolate chips that were in this frappe. I liked it, but don't think I'll get another one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN