Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$200/mo for food for family of 6?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 86 Replies
I read this lady's blog but it looks like she is feeding her family junk. I think I'd rather buy healthier fresh foods ad spend a bit more. Your thoughts?

http://baconinmypocket.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-we-dont-eat-dog-food-around-here.html?showComment=1314119489048&m=1
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you make it clicky?
ElitestJen
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
21 moms liked this

It didn't look like "junk" to me.  Why do you Cafemoms think that everything that isn't gluten-free, sugar-free, organic, picked off the vine yesterday is junk?

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

lol About time someone asked this question! :)

Quoting ElitestJen:

It didn't look like "junk" to me.  Why do you Cafemoms think that everything that isn't gluten-free, sugar-free, organic, picked off the vine yesterday is junk?

Team.macabre
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
It looked like a lot of carbs and frozen food. I'm not like a lot of other CM's I guess, because I'm not die hard Organic - the stuff she planned didn't look that quality though.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Rhodin
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

She has a garden, so she doesn't have to buy vegetables.  She might even do home canning.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM

It's not organic, which apparently many feel is the only way to go nowadays, but it's also not "junk" food either.

Quoting ElitestJen:

http://baconinmypocket.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-we-dont-eat-dog-food-around-here.html?showComment=1314119489048&m=1

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on May. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
GF Vegetarian backs out slowly*
Crafty8852
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought she had some pretty cool meal ideas, and very well organized too!

RMC007
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Unless we ate pure junk, I don't see how I could feed my family of 3 on $300 bucks a month. I ran to the store last night and bought grapes, bread, lunch meat, cheese, milk, eggs, sugar, coffee creamer, cereal, and facewash and my bill was close to $50 bucks. I am not one of those people that think only organic, sugar free, dye free free, gluten free is not junk either. Maybe it is because if I want something, I throw it into the cart? I will check out the website.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)