Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all of you that think being poor is..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 285 Replies
20 moms liked this
A walk in the park.

Screw You.

The amount of family time that I miss out on so I can work shitty hours for shitty pay is taking a serious toll on my psychological wellbeing. I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell my children and/or husband to have fun & I wish I could be there. Instead of being with them. Just so that I can make $200 a week.

I get to grocery shop with that little card. But almost never do I get to cook that food and sit down for a meal with my family. The scholarships my kids recieved for school are awesome, but I rarely get to help with homework or attend a school function or sporting event. I don't even see my older children 3 days a week. Time that I am home is spent doing laundry and other chores. If I spend time with my kids, those things don't get done. If those things don't get done, well I'm sure you can imagine that chaos.

I may be poor. I do not live the "good life." So tell me again how I have it so wonderful?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this

Who said being poor is the good life? I'm sure you can still have a good life, but it's not for me. My mother struggled growing up and I will make damn sure I'm never in that position. 

2BBboys0509
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Who ever said being poor is a walk in the park is a moron. Being away from your kids rich,poor whatever is hard on any parent but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Your schedule looks full but you have to try and squeeze family time in there somewhere. Good luck.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Who said that to you? Where have you read that? Being poor isnt a joke or a walk in the park.
TrouserMouse
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM
29 moms liked this
Lmao...do you think people that are not poor get their money by sitting around and playing with their kids?

You are a hypocrite because you obviously think people with money have the easy life.

Being part of the working class is hard on any family no matter their income.
beckylynn486
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM

bump

jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I've never met anyone who thought being "poor" is the "good life". In fact I would be miserable if I lived like that. I am very lucky to have a DH who works his ass off so that I don't have to work 60+ hours a week to make ends meet. I'm just curious as to how you are never home but only make 200/week?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Shoulda married a man who can provide for his family.
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Who on earth thinks being poor is a walk in the park? Yah; It must be nice to have the gov't help you out... but that doesn't make it an easy life. Hell I grew up in rent controlled apartments; yes it was nice not to have to worry about ourrent going up; but that apartment was not all that great.

My husband and I are really well off; and THAT isn't a walk in the park either. Life is hard; poor or not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel ya, momma. I rarely see my family either and it's really getting to me. And my boss treats me like shit, $8 an hour is not worth this.

It sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)