Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You have the right to an abortion but what's the point in telling anyone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just don't understand why if you have or are planning to have one do you feel the need to tell people who are going to bring you down?
Always going to be two sides to it and i just think that it is such a private matter that it should be something to keep to yourself. I am wrong though, i have seen a lot of woman just come.right out and say it knowing someone is going to call them names and such.

It is something that has been driving me nuts and just needed to get it out. I just don't understand. If i ever were to get one i would never tell anyone, especially here.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Bump
supercarp
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I think that some people are insecure and need affirmation in order to be comfortable with their own actions.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Same goes with food stamps but people announce that proudly constantly. It's because they like attention anyway they can get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I didn't tell anyone before having one, and don't randomly talk about it now. But if someone asks if I've had one/know anyone who has had one, is going through a similar situation or is making ignorant remarks, I have no problem sharing my experience. 

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

For support? I'm not really sure; I'm guessing alot of it is insecurity or wanting the approval of others?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I can understand some may want support. I have also seen someone commemt to someone who doesn't agree and tell them they had one. Then what do you know they end up calling her names. Lol i guess i don't get why a woman would do that to herself.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

For support? I'm not really sure; I'm guessing alot of it is insecurity or wanting the approval of others?

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Oh; I don't know why people say anything on HERE about having an abortion. I think the people saying it on here just want attention. Negative attention is better than no attention.

But I understand talking to family about it; or close friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand some may want support. I have also seen someone commemt to someone who doesn't agree and tell them they had one. Then what do you know they end up calling her names. Lol i guess i don't get why a woman would do that to herself.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Very true.

Quoting wkukid:

Same goes with food stamps but people announce that proudly constantly. It's because they like attention anyway they can get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

It is annoying how people are still arguing about it like they are still debating in the supreme courts, women have the right to an abortion enough already how about battling issues that have not been won.

MommyDearest555
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Obviously you would know how people close to you feel about abortions and to go to those people (specially those against it) to tell them what you are planning seems like you are asking for what comes next. Most know better, but are expecting close family/friends to try to understand and make them feel better about the situation whether they will or not. 

To say something about it on here is just ridiculous, bc of course that is going to bring a huge negative shit storm down on them. Someone posted the other day about having unprotected sex even though they didn't want kids at the time and knew better...so they were taking the morning after pill....Seems to be the same thing to me. If you know better and don't want to have kids at the time...why have unprotected sex. SMH that person had some good and bad remarks, but they set themselves up for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN