Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I made daughter throw ALL of it away! edit under pic in OP- final edit on added

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 694 Replies
58 moms liked this

Tiara is 9 and has forgotten who is boss around here and push me over the edge this morning! her wearing makeup has been a constant battle! I didnt get any makeup for her, other people give it to her as gifts @@ and she has also gotten into MY makeup! she keeps putting it on darker and darker and we have had many discussions about it! In march she snuck some of her and MY makeup into her suticase to go visit grandma after i told her no makeup. I find it in her backpack, she knows she is NOT to wear it at school!

this morning we were getting ready to go to lunch and my cousins house and I told her 'NO makeup". i know she heard me because she told me I am ruining her life, lol! she was taking too long to get ready so I opened her bedroom door and sure enough she was putting makeup on!

i emptied her bedroom trach can and told her to put ALL of her makeup in it! told her that if i find ANY hidden she would be grounded a day for each item, in addition to being grounded right now for an undetermined amount of time til I calm down and can think rationally!

its not just the makeup thats an issue, but an overall attitude of her doing whatever she pleases no matter what I say. so its time for "attitude adjustment 101"

Tiara throwing away her makup! she didnt want a picture taken but I told her that she would need it as a reminder!

edit: she got to keep her nailpolish, lol! I told her if it went on her face she had to throw it away. she asked if she could keep chapstick and i agreed to that.

I try my best to let her express herself! she has permenate hair color stripes in her hair that I put in myself! she has 2 piercings in each ear. she ownes two pair of combat boots. she dresses like a girly girl one day and a punk rocker the next, lol! but the whole point here is that she is breaking rules and sneaking. I have compromised on the makeup before saying she could wear it at home and out sometimes if it looked natural. but again she breaks the rules! I dont have time for her scrub her face as we need to walk out the door! I specifically told her "no makeup" today and she heard me and chose to be defiant! this is NOT the first time! she has had waaay too many chances on this topic!

last edit: I cant keep up, lol! she is aware that breaking the rule is the problem, not the makeup, as I told her about some other things that she has been defiant about lately that will change too. she understood what she did was very wrong. she went about cleaning her room etc with no lip. she layed down on my bed and chatted with me afterwards. when i dropped her off at her dads at 6pm she gave me plenty of hugs and kisses... she got over it quicker than yall did, lol! her 10th bday is the end of july. I think I might get her some LIGHT eyeshadow and LIGHT tinted lipgloss and go over the rules and consequences again. I am not trying to stop her from having fun, experimenting etc. she just has to learn that rules are rules and if she doesnt like something then we need to discuss it, but breaking the rules out right will not end well!

by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
20 moms liked this

you named your child after a piece of royal jewelry?

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
14 moms liked this

well she should have listened...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Okay....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
That poor child

Quoting Anonymous:

MSmama_x3
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM
26 moms liked this
Good for you standing your ground! I have two girls....I dread this! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

in the picture her hair is wet, not greasy, lol!

jeweldragons
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
5 moms liked this

She's a pre-teen.  It will only get worse when she becomes a teen and starts dating and getting interested in boys.  I don't blame you about the makeup.  Bad for your skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that's a little harsh.

Lorik1969
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM
44 moms liked this
Good job mom!! If you don't nip this in the bud now, you will be in a world of hurt in a few years. My daughter was a handful too. Our arguments started when she was 10 and wanted to wear belly shirts. It was rough, but I can't even imagine what kind of adult she would be if I had let her just do what she wanted.
ROBIN-C
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM
13 moms liked this

this isnt about her name @@!

Quoting Anonymous:

That poor child

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN