Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A pill to start my period

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I had my son in jan, and still havnt had my period . Yes , I am breastfeeding . I wanted to start my birth control but my dr said I have to have started my period. I had a doctors appt and she told me she could give me a pill to start my period .

I told her I would rather wait till I start naturally and she was like really?! I said yes . And she said well call me when u change your mind. Have u ever heard of a pill that could start ur period ?

When my first I started my period just a month after . How long did it take you to get your period ?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM
a good six months after giving birth.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on May. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

It took me 13 months to start mine. Nope never heard of a pill to start a period. I'd just wait.

jesistar6910
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

She's probably talking about progesterone, or provera. It builds up the lining in your uterus and makes you have a period. I know that women who struggle with infertility and irregular periods use them.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on May. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I have PCOS and sometimes things get backed up and I'll go several months without one. I've had to take the pills to start my period a couple times because it gets really painful.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I am three years four months pp and still no Aunt Flo here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I had to do that too what she is giving you is a form a bc. Its a hormone itself it just does not have allllll the bc ingrediants. So I missed my period 4 months in a row had to take that pill 20 days. Ive been regular. Idk about nursing with that though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Ok good ! She acted like it wasn't normal or something. I thought oh no, what if something is wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

a good six months after giving birth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I wante to wait , plus I've had ppd and I really don't know how the period pills would clash with how I'm doing emotionally

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

It took me 13 months to start mine. Nope never heard of a pill to start a period. I'd just wait.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I use them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Wow! Are you breast feeding ?

Quoting celestegood:

I am three years four months pp and still no Aunt Flo here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured