Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freakin house could have burnt down!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

IF i was not home, my mom had gotten me this huge candle that had apple slices and cinnamon sticks in it.  Well I put it in this huge gold glass candle holder and it has been sitting on top of my entertainment center for awhile.  I have had it lite for over a month and it was down to the bottom.  Well I had it lit today and noticed a few of the apple slices and been exposed...didn't think anything of it until about half an hour later I smell something burning...reminded me of a campfire and I could hear small crackling to as I am doing dishes.  So I look over and holy crap I can see flames barely coming out the top of the holder.  Fucking fruit caught fire.  I grab the container, glass is hot but not to hot to burn and my first thought is to run water over it...wait no you do not add cold water to hot glass STUPID  FUUUUUCK so I just run it outside to the front and tip it over onto our driveway and it goes out....holy shit!  Made the paint on the ceiling so hot it is pealing....oh man I am pissed.  I have some paint type spray...flex something and I sprayed that to try and stop the pealing and it worked thank god.  My husband is still at work and of course I will tell him the fucker caught fire.  And kindly tell my mom not to buy that type of candle for me anymore....ugh why do I keep having bad days.  Someone is out to get me I know it! *shakes fist*

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM

BUMP

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Wow, scary!

ninjakids
by Christina on May. 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Where I live they are supposed to come clean our furnace every year. They didnt come and i assumed that perhaps one of the times they were repairing it that it was cleaned. Nope! After a very long day out the country with family, we came home at 3am. Placed our youngest (oldest stayed out the country that night and youngest was supposed to but didnt) in his crib and so turned the heat on because it got chilly (it was summer so it was off). 15 minutes after a we got into bed amd almost asleep the alarms started going off. We figured it was our alarm being faulty because there was no smoke or smell.i then told so to open the basement door and Thats when the smell and smoke hit us. We called 911 & as we were running out so shut the heat off, which caused our house not to go uo in flames completely. (our oil tank is in our basement so it was scary).
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Oh man! Thats scary!

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Whoa...that would be scary.

Quoting ninjakids:

Where I live they are supposed to come clean our furnace every year. They didnt come and i assumed that perhaps one of the times they were repairing it that it was cleaned. Nope! After a very long day out the country with family, we came home at 3am. Placed our youngest (oldest stayed out the country that night and youngest was supposed to but didnt) in his crib and so turned the heat on because it got chilly (it was summer so it was off). 15 minutes after a we got into bed amd almost asleep the alarms started going off. We figured it was our alarm being faulty because there was no smoke or smell.i then told so to open the basement door and Thats when the smell and smoke hit us. We called 911 & as we were running out so shut the heat off, which caused our house not to go uo in flames completely. (our oil tank is in our basement so it was scary).

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

dh is a firefighter.  he forbids candles or any kind of plug-in air freshener.  he's seen too much.  glad you were right there.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM
No joke. I have used two of the same type of candle and no incidents, freaked me out. Looked like a few cinnamon sticks caught fire to.

Quoting ff-princess:

dh is a firefighter.  he forbids candles or any kind of plug-in air freshener.  he's seen too much.  glad you were right there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured