Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm the woman with the husband who tried to pawn ds's Leap Pad....*UPDATE **UPDATE2**!!! UPDATE3!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
1 mom liked this

It was a while back, I posted that dh left the house with ds's Leap Pad to try and pawn it for money to go out drinking. Pretty much everyone who responded to that post called him an idiot and told me to leave his punk a$$. Well, I haven't left him (yet) and we are still struggling financially...

today he decided to go to a movie with a friend. He's pretty much broke, might have had $5 on him. Well, before leaving he grabbed my son's Walking Dead xbox game without saying anything. I'm assuming he took it to pawn also, just to go to the theater. I'm effing furious. Beside myself, bat$hit crazy mad, because ds13 paid for that game with his own birthday money. If he comes back home without the game, IDK what I'm going to do... I'm on the edge of losing my mind :(

NEW UPDATE: (sorry I'm mobile and didn't put it at the end)******His behavior is changing each day. Just the other night there was a car parked on the street in front of our house for what he thought was half an hour. He had come into the bedroom and got his gun out so I asked what he was doing. When I walked to the living room he was standing behind a wall with his gun watching the car. I opened the front door and went onto the patio then informed him that they were just talking to someone. I told him to put his damn gun away and he did. I went to a women's shelter yesterday and they referred me to the rape and abuse crisis center. I have an appointment tomorrow. They will be able to help me get away without the threat of him freaking out or trying to take the kids. I should be out soon. Thanks for the support.

BTW: He never did pawn the Leap Pad... they wouldn't take it as it's not really an electronic, it's more a kids toy. But he still tried which was beyond low.

Thanks for listening.

****dh was home for a few hours since his movie got done. I didn't say anything yet, because I'm just going to leave him. And it's going to be very very soon. He just left again to go to the bar- some boxing match is on. As he's leaving I see he has a bag with more games in it. As soon as the door shut I asked ds13 if he knew what dh had. Turns out he grabbed 4 more of my sons games as well as the little kids' DVD's including Tangled and Wreck It Ralph. I'm done for good. I read the replies from all of you and got a wake up call. This was my last straw. Thank you for the advice... kids and I deserve much much better.

*****UPDATE #3!!! Sorry it has taken me so long to get this updated. Things have been so hectic, just an emotional roller coaster ride from hell. A few nights ago, he ended up hitting my phone out of my hand, slicing my finger while at it, and my phone flew across the room. He then pushed me through the hallway about 10 feet. He went to the bedroom and shut the door so I grabbed all the kids and threw them in the car and left. I had nowhere to really go. Nobody to stay with for any amount of time so I ended up coming back. He's been ok since I returned (was only gone a few hours that night) but I do have another appointment with Rape and Abuse Crisis Center on Monday and I'm in the process of finding a new apartment for me and kids. I will be moving out as soon as I'm able and then serving him with divorce papers. I'm trying to keep everyone calm in the meantime so it doesn't get out of hand again before I'm able to leave permanently so I'm acting like nothing is wrong just to get through it. This has been such a struggle and I'm really at a loss. I'm trying to focus on my kids and my job so I can leave soon. I hope to update again soon with good news on finding an apartment and washing my hands of him.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
12 moms liked this

Leave him or stop bitching.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on May. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this
WTF you still with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lostsoul12201
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

LEAVE HIM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I know, I know... I'm working on it. It's so hard when kids are involved. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
You're not going anywhere.
tarakay0417
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Leave him or quit your bitching.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

What would he do if your 13 yr old confronted him about taking his game?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Your fault for staying with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Liar

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, I know... I'm working on it. It's so hard when kids are involved. :(

jesistar6910
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

What this anon said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Leave him or stop bitching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)