Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I tell my neighbor to SHUT UP?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Mu upstairs neighbor is letting her 3y/o cry it out in the room right above mine where my 2month old is sleeping. The kid wont stop stumping his feet and yelling really loud ... Its been an hour now and its the same... I was patient but now its pissing me off. I live in an appartment building and we can hear everything and in the morning he stumps his feet, jumps(it makes my room and lamps shake) and runs everywhere. Its getting on my nerves and wakes up everybody at my place. No respect, should i say something... Im not a bitch... Its been like this since she moved in (9months ago) and its been the same. Im a tolerant person but enough is enough
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Cry it out to sleep?
daisybaby91
by lipstick on May. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I'd just let her know its waking up your baby and being disruptive to your household, and if things dont get better talk to your landlord.
coolmomma1968
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

i kind of have the same problem we dont live in a regular apt buildings but i DO live in an apt,our apts have about 4 or 5 apts(its kinda like a house they made into apts)and the one on the right is always noisy they have been here for awhile but im not the confronting type so i keep my mouth shut,but dont be like me,tell em to shut up.

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
If you wanted to be kind about it, or if it were me, I'd Pinterest or Google other options and alternatives to CIO, print them out and tape them to her door, or give them to her, with a note saying her Lo is keeping yours awake, child rearing is difficult, you understand, so you looked up some other alternatives that might work better. Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mudfishzgirl
I know all couples have issues but how can you get past them if half the couple refuses to talk?
Yesterday at 7:19 PM
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM
That's a good idea. A note that says parenting is difficult and since we share a wall I can hear just how difficult. Here's some other options you might try out.

Quoting JacksMom1221:

If you wanted to be kind about it, or if it were me, I'd Pinterest or Google other options and alternatives to CIO, print them out and tape them to her door, or give them to her, with a note saying her Lo is keeping yours awake, child rearing is difficult, you understand, so you looked up some other alternatives that might work better. Gl!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
No because hes mad

Quoting firespurity:

Cry it out to sleep?

GremlinMom
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM
What? No! They pay for their space and you pay for yours! You don't like it, move! I would never judge a mom above me who's kid is doing normal things! Geezus. When we found out we had a four year old above us, DH and i looked at each other and SWORE we would never let it get to us and we would never tell them anything! We lived above someone with our twin toddlers and they never told us anything about them running back and forth all day. It just happens, deal with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Well i have a older child and a baby and im careful and make sure that they dont disturb others since i know im in a appartment. I would never accept that my older cchild acted that way i know it would piss the neighbors. Actually she should respect her neighbors too.

Quoting GremlinMom:

What? No! They pay for their space and you pay for yours! You don't like it, move! I would never judge a mom above me who's kid is doing normal things! Geezus. When we found out we had a four year old above us, DH and i looked at each other and SWORE we would never let it get to us and we would never tell them anything! We lived above someone with our twin toddlers and they never told us anything about them running back and forth all day. It just happens, deal with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)