Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do men do this?? Long Rant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Tomorrow we are celebrating DS's 5th birthday. The house needed cleaning. It wasn't filthy but needed to be vacuumed, mopped, dusted etc. Df's parents, his brother, brother's girlfriend, my parents, my sister and her boyfriend will all be here. We live in a big house and it is an all day job for one person to clean. DF swore up and down he would help. I got help for about 30 minutes. He swept half the linoleum with the broom. Then he started cleaning off the counters. This would not normally be an issue except there is currently a week and a half's worth of mail and bills and assorted other paper currently sitting in various sorted piles. I told him not to worry about the counter right then and that I would handle that later. He kept asking me questions every 30 seconds so I was getting nothing done. Apparently I yelled at him so he says. He's a bit sensitive so he went and sat on the couch and has done NOTHING since. I'm pissed. I've been moving furniture and everything while he sits on his ass on the couch and watches and plays games on his phone. Why do men do this??? He knows what needs to be cleaned. I told him what all I wanted to get done before we started. I've been busting my butt for the last 5 hours and should have been done by now. Or I would have been if he had helped instead of acted like a child. Instead I'm going to be cleaning until I drop from sheer exhaustion.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Replies (21-24):
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on May. 4, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Idk. My ex did. Current SO is very helpful thankfully.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Yup!!! When our first son was 2 or 3 weeks old, and I was literally balling my eyes out trying desperately to BF him (we had every problem in the book, lol), DH called a few times and asked me "what was for dinner. Could you make beef stew- that sounds awesome!" From the restaurant that he was working at, as Executive Chef. Thank goodness he has some learning curve. Wow! (:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds a lot like DF and I. Especially on the nights I work until 7. I'm home by 7:40 and he'll ask me what I'm making for dinner. O.o Are you kidding me??? You've been home since 5:45 man. You could have made something.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. Annoying. My DH will say he's going to clean up the kitchen after dinner and he will get half way through and then say 'I'm gonna take a break for a minute'...gauranteed he won't go back and finish it. But he'll sit and watch tv like a champ! Lol.

Then if I go to finish everything he gets defensive about how he 'was going to finish that!'. When, tomorrow? Or when I'm pissed off because I just did baths and bedtime while you said you'd clean up so we could have some time together after the kids went to bed?

Well we're not getting time together now, buddy, are we? Because now I'm doing all that stuff you said you'd take care of! (Lol!) Yeah. Very obnoxious. I try to give him some slack for the most part because he very often works 14-15 hour days, a few in a row. But then he has days where he's off or only had to do a 5 hour shift because business was quiet. On those long days I don't expect much of anything out of him, lol. But the days where he's off the least he could do is follow through on cleaning up dinner when he offers!!

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM
This. My SO actually cleans more than I do! lol He does it a lot.

Quoting hautemama83:

Men don't do that. At least mine doesn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
averagemama0609
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM

My husband and I are the opposite. lol He's the one cleaning 5 things to my one or two. I suck at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)