Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I REFUSE to believe that NONE of you... *edit* *edit, with pics*

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 439 Replies
8 moms liked this

....are going to Bonnaroo this year. It's my first year and I'm stoked. I've done a search on Cafemom and couldn't find one mention. 80,000 tickets sold. Someone else here has to be going. Are you?

Edit* Bonaroo is a 4 day music and arts festival in Manchester, Tennessee, in June. TONS of people will be there. This year the line up includes Paul McCartney, Billy Idol, ZZ Top, R Kelly, the Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, David Byrne, Animal Collective, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Daniel Tosh, Weird Al, Bob Saget, Bjork, Beach House, Wu-tang Clan...and too many more to mention. Basically, you camp, in the extreme heat, and party for four days straight. 

This is totally out of my sahm element, but my parents are watching the kids while my husband and I make the 6 hour drive to what everyone describes as a "life changing experience". I'm nervous, but so excited. 

EDIT AGAIN*

If you want more info, check out Bonnaroo.com. A lot of you mentioned wanting to go, but not having the money for a ticket. There is an option where you volunteer to work part-time at the festival in exchange for a free ticket.

EDIT* Bonnaroo was amazing. It was like nothing I've ever experienced. The heat, porta potties, and amount of walking were brutal, but the people, the vibe, the music...was amazing. Out of 80,000 + people I saw not ONE fight, altercation, or anything negative. The highlight : singing Hey Jude along with Paul McCartney and 80k other people. To all of you who said it would suck, or had something negative to say...you were oh, so wrong, darlings.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
4 moms liked this
I dont even know what is it lol
Nichole0403
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Bonnaroo?...,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Went in my early twenties. No desire to go now, but have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaponch
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister is going. She is beyond stoked. I had never heard of it until she told me about it.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Dont even know what it is.
LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

I dont even know what is it lol

I'll edit and explain. :)

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Never heard of it
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Never heard of it.
KME3
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
What is that?
GibsonSD92
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Care to clarify?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)