Can NOT STOP dh from giving the baby Dr. Pepper! ETA!
I do everything shy of physically taking it from him to get him to stop, but no matter how much I beg, reason with and gripe, he continues to give her soda! His defense is, ''she likes it!" Duh! It's sugar. Of course she likes it. That doesn't make it good for her!
ETA: Really, this is just an example of dh thinking he's an expert in things he has very little experience and knowledge in. This is MY third child, and his first, and I've done tons of research and reading and talking with the pediatrician about every possible aspect of parenting and child health. He has never so much as read one magazine article, yet any time we disagree about anything, he insists he knows better. The Doctors are quacks, the articles and books are malarchy and my experience counts for nothing. HE is the expert. Here are some examples of his pearls of wisdom;
1. If a baby is fussy, and won't take the binky, put honey on it, (no, I did NOT let him do that)
2. Kids only need as much sleep as adults
3. It's fine to let kids watch all kinds of blood and gore on t.v.
4. What goes into the mouth has very little effect on health
5. Babies MUST sleep in at least the same room as the parents, if not the same bed. Moving the baby to her own crib in her own room would be cruel and negligent.
6. Babies AND toddlers must always get. What they want if they throw a fit. If at one year of age you begin putting the baby down and walking away from her every time she screeches for no reason or chomps down HARD on the breast you are cold hearted and cruel.
The only thing worse than parenting with an idiot is the idiot thinking he's an expert.