Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Attn: Those Who Eat Out"--CL Post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 201 Replies
So.this was posted in my local Craigslist. Apparently it's angered a lot of people because there have been quite a few nasty response ads to it. I know not all servers think like this, but it does make me feel like I shouldn't even tip at all with that attitude. What do you think? And since when is it 20%?? I always thought it was 15%. Not to mention Washington has a high minimum wage...ugh.
Attention (mostly to) RUSSIANS:

STAY AWAY FROM OLIVE GARDEN IN NORTH SPOKANE.

We (servers) are sick of LOSING money because of you. When you come in and run our asses off for endless soup, salad and breadsticks for 6.95 and leave us NOTHING, you are STEALING. When you make us run countless bowls of Zuppa Toscana and grate a brick of cheese on every bowl, there are paying, tipping customers we could be attending to. When you take ALL of our attention we cannot give it to our TIPPING customers and they don't understand why we are not helping them as we should and then they don't tip us.

WE LIVE OFF OUR TIPS. 

Here are some general rules to go by if you decide to eat out...

1. Tipping standard is 20% of your check. If you get absolutely terrible service, you may deduct from there. NEVER leave less than 10%

2. If you decide to camp out at your table, you must leave a camping feel. 20% of your entire bill for each hour you camp. When you camp, the hostess cannot give us another table and you are taking up space that could be used for tipping customers.

3. When you decide to stiff your server, you are STEALING from them. They must tip out the bussers and bartenders a percentage of their SALES NOT THER TIPS. So when you still us, you are literally stealing from us. We are FORCED to give money to bussers and bartenders after each shift.

WHETHER YOU ARE JUST CHEAP, OR POLICIES ARE DIFFERENT IN RUSSIA, THIS IS AMERICA, SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO COME TO THIS COUNTRY AND LIVE OFF OUR TAX MONEY AND GOVERNMENT, AT LEAST BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO THE WAY WE DO THINGS HERE. LIKE TIPPING THOSE IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Lousy foreigners!

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM
15 moms liked this
I would get a big group of people and go over there and not tip. But I'm a douche like that. Well I probably wouldn't because I'm nice but I would totally think about it in my head and plan it out.
couture-mommy
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM
10 moms liked this
I'm not tipping for terrible service
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Weird.
NorthStar09
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
8 moms liked this

LOL. How many Russians can there be in Spokane for this to possibly be a problem? I've been there dozens of times and from what I see, there's a few Hispanics, but most of Spokane is lower-middle-class urban/suburban whites and a bunch of fat, old, white farmers that roll in from the fields.

Writer was probably stiffed by one Russian table and decided to go on a tirade.

And I agree, 15% if you get regular service, 20% for outstanding. And tips are not legally mandated, so buddy better look for a different job if he thinks not tipping is "stealing." I waitressed and it sucks, but if you don't like it, there are other jobs that will pay you minimum wage.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
So because they move here from another country they must live off of our taxes and governement?!???
Tipping isn't mantory. While I don't agree with not leavinga tip for good service you don't have to. You have to be horrible for me not to tip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm not sure what the minimum wage is in washington but in Illinois servers get half minimum wage and half to claim 15% tips in most places even if they don't get 15%. SO they are taxed on tips they did not receive.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I would go with you. LOL What a snotty attitude she has.

Quoting Retrokitty:

I would get a big group of people and go over there and not tip. But I'm a douche like that. Well I probably wouldn't because I'm nice but I would totally think about it in my head and plan it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this
I feel bad for the servers. They are losing money and campers do suck. At places like OG, they only get like 3 table sections. When 1 is out of commission for hours and then leaves no tip, they lose money. Big time.

And please don't quote me with crap like "well, they should find a different job". Serving is a lucrative job unless you are dealing with these assholes.
AshleyPie
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM
10 moms liked this
While I don't agree with singling out a specific race of people, I absolutely agree with everything else. When customers don't tip, sit at a table for a long long time, etc, servers lose money. They're not there to be your slave, they're there to make money. And minimum wage doesn't apply to servers. They make less per hour because they get tips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)