Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Decide to have a baby and live on welfare? *update! Got threatened from her MOM!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

There is only so much crap you can take from a friend before tossing your hands up and unfrending them... 
I want so much for myself but can't put my self around people who decide to make living on welfare a life time goal. Refusing to work as you don't want your kid in daycare, not having a job before you DECIDE and PLAN to have a baby with a random sperm person...
I had basically handed her a full time receptionist job with benefits. She only had to send a resume in and it was her job. But she told me "I'm not abandoning my child and putting him in daycare like some people".. And yep my 3 kids are in daycare... Yet every Time I talk to her via txt her kid is at her friends daycare. 
She has obtained everything she said she didn't want to be back when we were in high school. 
She also blew me off 2 times when my mom was dying in the hospital last year... 

Thanks for letting me vent. I know that god is going to bless me with a friend who is truly deserving.

update

so I got a message on FB today from her mother telling me to ask for forgiveness or she is going to have to come over and deal with me...

WTF? Seriously? She is turning 30 this week and has her mommy threatening me?

i sent them both messages to leave me alone or I will call the cops. She kept messaging me and said I can't be friends with our 3 mutual friends... Are we fricking 5?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
They should be forced to work and daycare should be provided for them so there are no excuses!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Where are you from? i could use a full time

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would drop the friendship.  She should also be dropped from welfare for abusing the system.

donnag013
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yeah, my daughter had her third baby by the 3rd baby's daddy. They were married, neither had a job, but she wanted a baby with her husband. That was about 3 years ago, and they STILL don't work and rely on the government for everything. It really sucks.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

RIGHT!!  Wish I had a friend like her...damn!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

My thoughts exactly!

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

RIGHT!!  Wish I had a friend like her...damn!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I live in Canada in a province the NDP ruined by making it easy to get on welfare. She gets over $1000 a month for her and the baby. Plus child tax and daycare money ($100-200 per kid, thx Harper!). She also gets GST every few months. Last was $300 she told me. 

She works under the table doing house keeping 1 day a week at a few hundred for the day. 

In my province you can ge daycare subsidy to work. They will pay up to $650 a month for daycare. 

She was in a lesbian relationship when she got prego by a guy she met. Just a sperm daddy 

now she is dating some guy that lied to her about his job when they got together, and still has not found a job. And he refuses to get to know any of her friends. 

loveing2013
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Oookay ur ex friend is an idiot lol she doesn't want daycare but her kids end up there anyway? She sounds lazy.. I'm pregnant and want to work.. I'm even saving up funds for my baby before it comes.. I be dam if i live off the gov. (not bashing the ppl who actually need it) but some ppl are just losers. Cant get mad at her for being who she is.. Just brush her out ur life..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I took her off Facebook and I'm up to 10 texts from her. 

Just ignoring them. 

Sorrounding myself with good people and getting drama out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)