Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

petty women in the neonatal unit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

those petty women who whine about a nurse/s while their infant is in the neonatal unit, 

& those petty women who whined about a nurse/s in the neonatal unit, after their child had already been discharged

These women were petty. when whining about nurses who told them that can't do this/or that with their baby in the neonatal unit. nurses are their to care for babies as well as to advocate for the rights of babies while in the neonatal unit, thats the nuirses job. these women need/ed to understand that nurses that work in the neonatal unit. they never owe/d these women the right to do as they please with their own baby/babies in the neonatal unit.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mishamama
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:37 AM
11 moms liked this

All I see/is ///neonatal unit/petty////....

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on May. 5, 2013 at 3:39 AM

Not quite understanding your point ... 

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:40 AM
11 moms liked this

wait, are you talking about the neonatal unit? that part wasnt really clear.

paganmommy4
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:40 AM
12 moms liked this

Actually, its about making sure your child gets the very best.. So was it alright for the NICU nurse to tell me to leave my son alone and to stop nursing him because he was being placed for open adoption? and that im just torturing myself? NICU moms are ENCOURAGED to hold their children and to make contact with them when they are awake. Yes, I nursed my son despite him being placed for adoption, it was the only way for me to make peace with my decision. and I SWEAR IF YOU BASH ME, it will come back to you

bellawomen
by Summer on May. 5, 2013 at 3:41 AM
2 moms liked this
You are wrong. My child and I will do as I see fit. Holding my baby, feeding my baby is MY duty as a mother. Just because you are a nurses doesn't mean you get to do all of this without me. If you are talking beyond that, I would have to address them individually.

(Mother and nursing student)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 3:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Sometimes nurses are bitches.
MamaTrombley
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:44 AM

confused 

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on May. 5, 2013 at 3:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I had awesome NICU nurses ... the never really questioned what I did, and encouraged me 100% .. 

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:45 AM
I don't even know what that is lol. Someone educate me please?
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:46 AM

When my twins were in the NICU I was always holding or touching one of them or the other... I fed them, I changed them, I bathed them and I dressed them... they're my kids. I left twice a day for the hour that they're changing shifts, but other than that I was there. I slept there, I ate there, I went home only to shower. I laid my ass back topless in a chair next to their incubators and nursed them and had skin to skin contact with them whenever I wanted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)