Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't f#%*ing breathe. Advice please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Well I can, but not easily. I starting getting sick on Wednesday. I have been progressively getting worse since then. I am sleeping and drinks clear fluids, but my body is really achy and I have this god awful cough & congestion going on. I can't breathe! I was up all night coughing. I am so uncomfortable & I have to work tonight. I can't go to the dr today. On Sundays it's 40$ co pay + what ever meds ill need. And in top of it my 3 year old is catching it. Can anyone reckoned good medicines for us? Thanks ladies!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM

sounds like bronchitis, and either you take care of it, or it will turn to pneumonia...your choice

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Recommend*
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Ack! I didn't think about that. Lovely.

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like bronchitis, and either you take care of it, or it will turn to pneumonia...your choice

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Vicks vapor rub.

You can also make home made vicks discs you put on the floor of your shower and it creates a nice misty vapor as your showering.  It might clear something up. 

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Mucinex
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM
You could have the flu. That's how mine came on. Ended up at urgent care just to get relief from the coughing. It could also be bronchitis or pneumonia. Really, you need to see a doctor to determine what it is, especially because your child now has it too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM
?? You lost me.

Quoting GOBryan:

You know, I've learned to never say never but at this point I'm cured of ever getting married again. If my husband passes before I do or we ever divorce (not likely), I'm done. I don't want anyone else in my life that can tell me what to do or my children. 

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on May. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Sounds like when I had an asthma attack when I was younger. My family thought I just had a cold and I was getting worse each day, until finally I went two days without eating. That's when I was hospitalized. Please go to the emergency room or pay the co-pay asap!

Crafty8852
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I just wanna throw this out there....DD and I had the same symptoms so we went to the Drs Friday. Mine just looked at my throat and said it was strep and gave me a script for antibiotics. DD's Dr did a real throat culture (thank god) and said it wasn't strep, just a virus, and to take congestion medicine for it because antibiotics don't work on viruses. Save your co-pay (I wish I did!) and try some over the counter stuff first. After taking the Tylenol brand for a couple days DD and I are finally coughing the stuff out and feeling better. Good luck and get well!

GOBryan
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Sorry.. lol.. Somehow I skipped posts and responded to the wrong one. 

If you're having trouble breathing, do you have a vaporizer.. That works wonders when my kids are sick and have trouble breathing. You put a little vicks in it and it clears your lungs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

?? You lost me.

Quoting GOBryan:

You know, I've learned to never say never but at this point I'm cured of ever getting married again. If my husband passes before I do or we ever divorce (not likely), I'm done. I don't want anyone else in my life that can tell me what to do or my children. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)