Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

question for married ladies, or those in long term relationships

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
Is there anybody that is not attracted to their SO the way they used to be? It makes me so sad that I don't want to be touched by my man. I don't know what changed, but it scares me that this could possibly break up my family someday. We are young, should we both live this way forever?! Is anyone in the same boat?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Yep, but I am getting a divorce. There have been a lot of issues between us for a few years and I am tired of begging for us to change.
meganliz11
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Well, I wouldn't say the same boat but since I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant I don't like being touched. But I'm still very much attracted to him. If this has been a long term feeling, maybe you should try to go to some marriage counseling. It's worth a shot
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Yep. My first husband. We divorced because of him cheating but that was finally an out for me. Its a miserable situation
GOBryan
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM
4 moms liked this

When I married my first husband, I was 19.. as I became older, I changed while he remained the same. I evolved, which is why I think people shouldn't marry until they're older around 30.  When we're young, we're not the person we are going to be. 16 years later we divorced but it should have been much earlier. We get along well but I married my current husband and we've been together 10 years.. I'm 46 and although we've had ups and downs, it's a totally different marriage from the first. 

If I could redo it, I would have gone to college, received a degree and waited before getting married because we do evolve. I don't think we grow into who we'll be until sometime after we're in our 30s. 

simberella
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM
By the time I got to that point it was after cheating and emotional abuse and I was done in the relationship. I do have a friend who plans to get married who feels the way you do so your not alone. I would say therapy is worth a shot
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

no I don't have that issue, me and dk can't keep our hands off each other.

Hows the rest of your relationship?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM
It has been long term. I was in denial for a bit. Thought horomones were causing me to have no sex drive. Lately I'm noticing I'm attracted to other men though.

Quoting meganliz11:

Well, I wouldn't say the same boat but since I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant I don't like being touched. But I'm still very much attracted to him. If this has been a long term feeling, maybe you should try to go to some marriage counseling. It's worth a shot

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Im still attracted to him. If we have a fight and I'm feeling frustrated- I look at a sexy pic of him and watch our wedding video to remind me of why I love him and how attracted I am to him.

I think we all hit ruts at one time or another. Just find something that brings you back to the good ol days- and/ or try something new in the bedroom
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM
The rest is good. We are very compatible imo.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

no I don't have that issue, me and dk can't keep our hands off each other.

Hows the rest of your relationship?

findingserenity
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I feel the same way.thank god he doesnt ask
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)