Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Twice now I have been told in here Deaf People Can Hear

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 400 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ive been fucking ripped off!!!!!!

Im profound hard of hearing and without my aids (deaf)... WTF????

I wanna be able to HEAR while I am deaf!

How do I get this done?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this

Hmmm.. Who said this? Were THEY deaf?  Of course, like being legally blind and having that eye sight, there may be something similar for legally deaf, where there's different levels of deafness. 

aodom323
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Lmao i wish I knew too. I'm not deaf but I have friends who are. I'm sure they would like the answer also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Get a cochlear implant. Then you'll be "fixed" and you'll be able to "hear". 

^extreme sarcasm

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on May. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I was around 30-40 deaf individuals on Friday night...pretty sure they didn't hear a damn thing!
Who in the hell is so confused???
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

That idiot who posted about taking her DEAF daughter to Disney wanting to use her Special Needs pass to access QUIET waiting areas (LOL at quiet waiting areas) 

Aside from the fact that there is no such thing as quiet waiting areas (she makes it sound like Disney has a built in THIRD waiting area for the rides/attractions/whatever) people keep asking why she needs a quiet area if the daughter is DEAF.

Well she doesnt bother to explain that her daughter uses the cochlear ear plant and claims yes, the deaf can hear....

Um  no you cannot say the deaf can hear....

I wear hearing aids if I am wearing them I am hard of hearing, if not yes I am deaf I hear NOTHING.

Quoting GOBryan:

Hmmm.. Who said this? Were THEY deaf?  Of course, like being legally blind and having that eye sight, there may be something similar for legally deaf. 

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Why no ask trollcat this weekend?
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on May. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM
So glad you used your "sarcasm font"!

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a cochlear implant. Then you'll be "fixed" and you'll be able to "hear". 

^extreme sarcasm

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a cousin that is legally deaf but he can still hear a little out of one ear, maybe whoever said that  meant something like that?

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM

thats me.... I dont hear a damn thing...

Quoting DannieLou:

I was around 30-40 deaf individuals on Friday night...pretty sure they didn't hear a damn thing!
Who in the hell is so confused???

GOBryan
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I've never heard of quiet waiting areas, especially at Disney and I've gone many times. I'm just 45 minutes from the parks. I agree, if they are deaf, I can't see why that type of waiting area, if it existed, would make a difference. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

That idiot who posted about taking her DEAF daughter to Disney wanting to use her Special Needs pass to access QUIET waiting areas (LOL at quiet waiting areas) 

Aside from the fact that there is no such thing as quiet waiting areas (she makes it sound like Disney has a built in THIRD waiting area for the rides/attractions/whatever) people keep asking why she needs a quiet area if the daughter is DEAF.

Well she doesnt bother to explain that her daughter uses the cochlear ear plant and claims yes, the deaf can hear....

Um  no you cannot say the deaf can hear....

I wear hearing aids if I am wearing them I am hard of hearing, if not yes I am deaf I hear NOTHING.

Quoting GOBryan:

Hmmm.. Who said this? Were THEY deaf?  Of course, like being legally blind and having that eye sight, there may be something similar for legally deaf. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)