Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proposal?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 64 Replies

How did your df/dh/so propose to you?

Was it romantic, funny, over the top amazing, or were you disapoointed?

Here is mine: my now dh got me an iron for Christmas. I unwrapped it and wondered what the heck he got me that for since I never iron. I did not think too much into it and went to put it on the side after saying thank you. He told me it was a top of the line iron and that I should take it out of the box so I opened the box. Inside was not an iron, but a small box. He pulled out the box and opened it. He took out the ring and proposed. I thought it was a great, unexpected way to propose.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Bump

UnFFnStoppable4
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM
It wasn't a surprise cuz we had gone ring shopping the week before. He proposed in the kitchen the night before Valentine's Day.
sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Did you get to pick your own ring? That is really nice!

Quoting UnFFnStoppable4:

It wasn't a surprise cuz we had gone ring shopping the week before. He proposed in the kitchen the night before Valentine's Day.

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM
He proposed during the grand finale of the 4th of July fireworks display in our town. I was shocked, it was sweet :)
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That's cute.

Mine came up to me in the kitchen and said "Hey, I'm gonna keep you" and handed me a ring. I took it, said "Hey, good idea" and put it on. We're super romantical, lol.

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on May. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Around christmas time we had a small date planned. We don't have much money so it was just a small 'teenager date' to the mall. We looked around the stores a little bit, bought some food and ate together at the food court, watched a movie and we still had time before we had to go pick up our son so we decided to go iceskating. He fell down and asked for my help up, when he grabbed my hand and pulled one knee up he pulled out the ring from his pocket and proposed. 

photo adfa9939-46c5-4b0d-932a-04a6c9a3d88c_zps25821587.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Blah...he bought a ring and said let's be engaged for a while. Not very romantic lol

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM

DH surprised me. I did not see the engagement coming. I came home from work one evening and he greeted me in the driveway which was very unusual. I asked him if something was wrong and he said to hurry up and come inside. I went inside and was taking my time changing clothes and putting things away and the whole time he was acting squirrely. He kept asking me to hold our 8 week old kitten and I kept telling him in a few. I finally sat down and he handed me the kitten. When I went in to give her a little snuggle I noticed an engagement ring on her collar. I almost dropped the kitten. He removed the ring and proposed. Not very romantic but unexpected.

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM
My dh (rip) was not the romamtic type. He gave me a ring and I i said aww hunny whats this for and he said cuz we're getting married what do ya think? Lmfao
robibuni
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

DH and I had been dating for a while, and I remember we were at his mom's that day, just hanging out with his nieces and nephews. I was sitting on the couch doing some homework (I was an undergrad at the time), and he was acting funny in the kitchen. His mom kept smiling at me like she knew something and I was like "...k"

He walks into the living room with something behind his back. His mom is following closely with a cheesy grin on her face, and then he gets down on one knee and proposes! It was the craziest moment, haha.

I know some people would say "Well he did it in front of his mom so you wouldn't say no", but I wouldn't have said no regardless of how he asked. He had apparently told his mom what his plan was and she was like "ASK HER NOW I WANNA SEE!!!!!!!!!", hehehe. So he just did it! :)

That was October 2008!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)