Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well, prepping has started :/

Posted by   + Show Post
Got my airway stuff out in my parents room. I have kept saying that the next illness my dad catches will be probably be his last or is going to set him back even farther than he is.....yep.

I've been battling him all night to go to the hospital but he won't go because he knows he'll be admitted and be lectured by his Pulmonologist. I'm my dads Pulmonologist's eyes and ears while he's at home. He's given me the go ahead to increase his O2, meds, injections, etc...on my own (basically verbal orders to follow) when my dad starts on a decline because it's become more frequent and the quicker I notice something, the more quickly dad has a chance at getting better when I up him and keep him out of the hospital at the same time since I report to his doctor when he's bad like this.

I increased and added everything the doctor has told me to. Dad still isn't getting better. I have a call out to the doctor for the next step, which is more than likely a direct admit and my dad won't go. I'm pretty sure the doctor will just tell me what I already know. Wait until he goes into respiratory distress and work him as much as I can while EMS arrives. I can't do much but maintain his airway and monitor him from there.

I fucking hate this. :(

Men!! Why do they have to be so damned stubborn!
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (101-110):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:46 AM
It happens a lot and gets worse when they go through the "angry stage". I can understand I wouldn't want to die in a hospital or nursing home.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

my grandma refuses to go to the hospital for this very reason

Quoting momoftwo0406:

That's hard but I can understand him not wanting to go also. Has he said he wants to "go" at home? Maybe he is afraid if he goes in to the hospital he won't come back home.

Hope he starts feeling better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashbash1616
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Good luck i hope he gets better he'll be in my prayers!
crazygirl907
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I'm sorry, that's awful for the both of you. 

Donnah118
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I'm sorry. I hope things improve for your Father.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I'm so sorry!  I hope things have improved. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM

My dad is the same way and his health is really bad too. It's only a matter of time now.

*Praying for you all*

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Lots of hugs and prayers to you both. I'm so sorry.
Quoting blessed107:

So is my dad, along with last stage of cancer. My dad doesn't fight with me about going in if need be. He just at this more angry stage right now, and that I've learned to adjust to.

Quoting BeAmour:

Yes ma'am. He's in stage 4.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is wrong with him? Does he have copd??

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Good question. Maybe he is just trying to regain some control the only way he knows how.

Sorry your father is ill. : (

blessed107
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Lots of hugs and prayers to you both. I'm so sorry.
Quoting blessed107:

So is my dad, along with last stage of cancer. My dad doesn't fight with me about going in if need be. He just at this more angry stage right now, and that I've learned to adjust to.

Quoting BeAmour:

Yes ma'am. He's in stage 4.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is wrong with him? Does he have copd??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM

she cant legally give him meds either like that uping his does and all.   if he dies its all on her and someone can sue her 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

YOUR AN IDIOT, FORCE IS ASS.    eye rollingYOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM.

She can not do that !!!!!

UNLESS, she is Legally his "MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)