Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best and Worst Book You've Ever Read

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 266 Replies
2 moms liked this

Looking for summer reading ideas now that I do not have to read for school.

What's the best book or book series you've ever read?

What's the worst?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Best: Infinte Jest

Worst: The Help

Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I was just about to start The Help. Well I have been trying to lol

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Best: Infinte Jest

Worst: The Help

Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this

My favorite book will always be Saying A Prayer For Owen Meany. Worst I would have to say The Notebook.

SotilSol
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Not sure of your tastes, but...

Worst by far, Twilight.

Some of my favorites: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Harry Potter, The Martian Chronicles, The Mists of Avalon, The His Dark Materials series, Game of Thrones series, In the Time of the Butterflies, the Lord of the Rings series, Dune, Ender's Game and the rest of that saga, War and Peace and Anna Karenina...these are mostly fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'll read anything. I've been wanting to read Game of Thrones. Are there a lot in the series?

Quoting SotilSol:

Worst by far, Twilight.

Some of my favorites: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Harry Potter, The Martian Chronicles, The Mists of Avalon, The His Dark Materials series, Game of Thrones series, In the Time of the Butterflies, the Lord of the Rings series, Ender's Game and the rest of that saga, War and Peace and Anna Karenina...these are mostly fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'm not sure about worst. If I don't like something, I stop reading it and forget about it.

I just read 'The Storyteller' but Jodi Picoult, and that was pretty good. I like most of her stuff.

'Fall On Your Knees' by Ann-Marie MacDonald is one of my favourite books. It's the only book I have ever been able to read more than once... and I have read it about 5 or 6 times.

'The Help' was really good, too.

Have you read the Game of Thrones series?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I haven't read Game of Thrones, but that is on my list.

Quoting Randi02:

I'm not sure about worst. If I don't like something, I stop reading it and forget about it.

I just read 'The Storyteller' but Jodi Picoult, and that was pretty good. I like most of her stuff.

'Fall On Your Knees' by Ann-Marie MacDonald is one of my favourite books. It's the only book I have ever been able to read more than once... and I have read it about 5 or 6 times.

'The Help' was really good, too.

Have you read the Game of Thrones series?

SotilSol
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM

At least 5, I think, and I heard the author recently started on another. I'm only on book 3.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll read anything. I've been wanting to read Game of Thrones. Are there a lot in the series?

Quoting SotilSol:

Worst by far, Twilight.

Some of my favorites: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Harry Potter, The Martian Chronicles, The Mists of Avalon, The His Dark Materials series, Game of Thrones series, In the Time of the Butterflies, the Lord of the Rings series, Ender's Game and the rest of that saga, War and Peace and Anna Karenina...these are mostly fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction.

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM
i love Ender's Game!!! I've had to replace it like 9 times :( every time my brother would come home on leave my copy would magically disappear and he'd call me a week after left and tell me he has my book. Actually come to think of it that shithead still owes me a new book

Quoting SotilSol:

Worst by far, Twilight.

Some of my favorites: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Harry Potter, The Martian Chronicles, The Mists of Avalon, The His Dark Materials series, Game of Thrones series, In the Time of the Butterflies, the Lord of the Rings series, Dune, Ender's Game and the rest of that saga, War and Peace and Anna Karenina...these are mostly fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I read fan fiction and have found some real gems from completely unknown every day folks.

There have also been some pretty horrible ones.

So I'm no real help because it's been at least 3 yrs since I picked up an actual published book, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN