Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im dying guess what im dying also

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 27 Replies
My mother drives me insane. Every time someone says they are sick or something might be wrong my mom says I have the something. Example I had to get a spinal tap a couple of years ago. When I was telling my dad about it my mom interrupts and says I had that done also. When I was 2 years old and it hurt really bad. My dad and I just looked at each other and shook our heads.

Yesterday I got my blood work back from the drs office. My mom asked me to call her and let her know what it says. So I tell her I'm at a high risk of having a heart attack or stroke. She says yeah me too. Okay whatever, my other test was a 6.0 (h) for diabetes. 6.4 and up means that you have it. So I tell her about that and she says I'm like that also. Omg really?? I wanna scream
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM

My sister is the exact same way. I really do not think she is aware she does this.

wumbo
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Id be like "Im growing a penis. Its a very rare medical condition."
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Ugh I have a friend like that it's sooooooo annoying.

imakehimscream
by He screams on May. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol she might say me too

Quoting wumbo:

Id be like "Im growing a penis. Its a very rare medical condition."

Jubileee
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
My.mom is exactly the same. I think she is hypochondriac or has munchhousens. Its really sad and very frustrating. She turns everything into about her when.I'm laid up at the hospital. She even has the nerve to talk to.my dr about HER problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I think I would worry less about my mom and a little more about my own health!  You have some serious shiz going on!

jesistar6910
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

My late MIL would do that to me all the time. Mention that my back hurts? She would say, "Oh, my back always hurts, I've got chronic degenerative disk disease."

She would do it all the time with a lot of things.

Or, when I was sad that I couldn't give birth vaginally, she said "well, my son almost killed me, so be happy."

Or when I broke my foot: "I have bone spurs that are so painful."

Etc. Etc.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I am glad you told me that about the A1c. Mine is only a 6.0 but they won't stop the metformin.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Maybe she does have some of these things & she just wants to relate to you! A lot of these problems ARE inherited to a degree, like if a parent has it your risk of having it is higher.

imakehimscream
by He screams on May. 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM
That's what its called. I'm too lazy to get the paper. I stopped all my medicine completely because I gained so much weight

Quoting laranadtony:

I am glad you told me that about the A1c. Mine is only a 6.0 but they won't stop the metformin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)