Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's impossible to find what I need :( *Wedding related*

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 25 Replies
so DF and I are getting married in June of next year. I started TRYING to find the bridesmaid dresses I want but it's impossible! I don't really care about the style so much as the colors they are supposed to be bright colors Fuchia, bright blue, and bright purle, and lime green. I've looked at prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, other dress stores and I can only find the Fuchia color and maybe a lime grean color :( and DF wanted to know why I was already looking for them. UGH!!!! Planning a wedding is depressing stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brittanyk3
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM
have you looked at Deb's (i dont even know if they have them in whatever state your in)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
OnLine!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It can be depressing when your pursuit is difficult. What is the theme and why are you choosing those colors? If you can't find the colors you may need to have them professionally dyed. Reality is, you'd do better to choose one uniform color. 

luvem630
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Do you know anyone that sews?
moniagee
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM
That was my problem, the bridesmaids dresses. And trying to find different colors in a particular style (i needed an a-line dress because my bridesmaids sizes were a size 2-26) was even more hard. But i eventually found one I limed at a reasonable price in the colors i wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Can you show us the colors you are talking about?

KGreen75
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
You do realize if you go to an actual boutique the dresses can be customized, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on May. 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I get that its your wedding, but I have to ask WHY are you wanting bright rainbow colors for the bridesmaid dresses? Have you thought about what pictures will look like? How distracting that could be, as far as keeping the attention on you on your big day? Just something to think about. Sticking to one color for the dresses might relieve the added stress if searching for the multiple colors. Good luck. Congrats.
fairymom82
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM
You might try finding a shop that offers dye jobs. I wanted a very specific shade of buttercream so I found the dress style and ordered it in white annd the shop sent them to be dyed. IDK if material matters the ones we used were strappless cotton eyelet so my bridesmaids could wear them again annd all of them do wear them as summer dresses still to this day since they are classic and awesomely flattering to each of them
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Buy a pattern & fabric and have them made or see if anyone you know sews and see what they would charge you to make them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)