Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Called The Cops

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
We pulled up into a store parking lot & saw 3 small kids playing. The oldest two maybe 6? (Idk my 4yo is tall so maybe younger) the youngest was 3 at the most. There was no one around. So I called the law....When we went to leave we circled around bcuz we didn't see them & they were hiding behind the trash dumps in the back. They were where all the big trucks go to unload.

Maybe I should mind my business but it worried me...if they were in their own yard it would be different
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Please tell me you waited for the cops and didn't just drive away....

classypancake
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

We have a neighbor who is a single mom of five kids.  She lets them play outside by themselves all the time and it drives me insane.  I worry about them, but I also don't let sd play with them because they're little troublemakers.  I don't understand at all when other neighbors talk about how "(Neighbor) has a tight rein on her kids" because she can't possibly know what's going on when they're out there on their own for hours at a time.  I had to send one of them home last summer because she wouldnt' listen and was hitting the other girls. Good for you for calling it in!

Young_Mommy89
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM
We're across the street I made SO park where I could see them

Quoting friendlymom5:

Young_Mommy89
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I played outside alone as a child, so does my dd but we live in the woods surrounded by family. And she's never alone for long (door open, curtains open,etc) but in a PARKING LOT? Hell no

Quoting classypancake:

We have a neighbor who is a single mom of five kids.  She lets them play outside by themselves all the time and it drives me insane.  I worry about them, but I also don't let sd play with them because they're little troublemakers.  I don't understand at all when other neighbors talk about how "(Neighbor) has a tight rein on her kids" because she can't possibly know what's going on when they're out there on their own for hours at a time.  I had to send one of them home last summer because she wouldnt' listen and was hitting the other girls. Good for you for calling it in!

friendlymom5
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Thank you! For being responsible and looking out for them. :)

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

We're across the street I made SO park where I could see them

Quoting friendlymom5:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Wow they should put your face on time magazine

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I had to call the cops once. Driving down the road and there were people stopped on both sides of the road. So we stopped looked to see the problem and there was a.2-4 year old in the middle of the road playing. People just standing there looking stupid. So I called the police and gave the addres. By this point a woman had walked out of her house to see what was up and came running for her kid.
Young_Mommy89
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I don't expect some kind of reward...grow up. I simply felt like posting about it

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow they should put your face on time magazine

Young_Mommy89
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Wow...some people are idiots. I've seen someone driving down the road with a newborn in their lap, no carseat in the car at all

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to call the cops once. Driving down the road and there were people stopped on both sides of the road. So we stopped looked to see the problem and there was a.2-4 year old in the middle of the road playing. People just standing there looking stupid. So I called the police and gave the addres. By this point a woman had walked out of her house to see what was up and came running for her kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Here where I live I see that all the time. I even pulled up beside a woman not long ago who had a baby buckled in the front seat of her van. Wtf

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Wow...some people are idiots. I've seen someone driving down the road with a newborn in their lap, no carseat in the car at all

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured