Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Itchy Skin - Advice????

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 28 Replies

Lately my neck and side of my lower face (jaw area) is itching like hell! I wake up to red marks on my neck and face :( Then it itches more!

I have found when I use vaseline it will make the itch stop and red go away....

Anyone know what causes this? Any fix to make it go away?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amyt0218
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Sounds like you have an allergy to something. Take some allergy medicine And use anti itch cream
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lay off the nip and get a job you no good junkie! Don't even say people arn't hiring, I know plenty of farms looking for a good mouse catcher!
ChloeDolce1
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I really wouldn't suggest using Vaseline. Try coconut oil. It will soothe and hydrate without clogging pores or causing further irritation.
imakehimscream
by He screams on May. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
A flea bath.

No really idk
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Allergies. Irritation, heat, fungi.
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Well I know I have allergies but nothing seems to relieve the problem... I have tried all over the counter and my nose still runs... sometimes like facuet mostly at school.

This past semster I started getting itchy skin, I wanted to believe from stress from school. Maybe it is but I dont think so. It just wont stop keeps itching....

I have tried some of the anti itch (benedryl) they did not work but the ones made for eczema do.... but its temporary.... I have to apply it every day, two times a day.

Quoting Amyt0218:

Sounds like you have an allergy to something. Take some allergy medicine And use anti itch cream

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

IU recommend the same advice for you too!

Quoting Anonymous:

The fix is to stop being a bitch.

preacherskid
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Most likely allergies or insect bites.  Have you changed detergents, lotions, body/facial wash lately?  Are there any bumps, patches, scaliness, dryness, oozing?  Anything that resembles an insect bite perhaps?  Have you tried an antihistamine for a week or two to see if the itch goes away?

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Well I dont use it every day I did try it a few times see if it worked and it did. I been using cream for eczema and it seems to be working IF I apply it two times a day.

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

I really wouldn't suggest using Vaseline. Try coconut oil. It will soothe and hydrate without clogging pores or causing further irritation.

torre667
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My friend is having this very same issue.  Her dermatologist says it is a stress rash.  Who knew?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well I know I have allergies but nothing seems to relieve the problem... I have tried all over the counter and my nose still runs... sometimes like facuet mostly at school.

This past semster I started getting itchy skin, I wanted to believe from stress from school. Maybe it is but I dont think so. It just wont stop keeps itching....

I have tried some of the anti itch (benedryl) they did not work but the ones made for eczema do.... but its temporary.... I have to apply it every day, two times a day.

Quoting Amyt0218:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)