Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lately my neck and side of my lower face (jaw area) is itching like hell! I wake up to red marks on my neck and face :( Then it itches more!

I have found when I use vaseline it will make the itch stop and red go away....

Anyone know what causes this? Any fix to make it go away?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (21-28):
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Oh I know I am allergic to the damn school! The auto body shop was below us so I know that is my trigger....

However, Im done with school it is still going on.... Last day at school was Thursday...

I have tried Claritin, Allgera, and a few others. No Go my nose still runs MOSTLY at school. At home my nose is fine but the itching is still there.

Quoting preacherskid:

Itchy face/neck is a sign my allergies are flaring badly, along with an incredible constant itch inside my mouth- a majority of my allergies are oral, so I keep track.  What allergy meds have you tried?  You might also try a quick shower at night before bed to wash off the pollen, change clothes once you get home, etc- there could be something at the school you are actually allergic to, a new cleaning chemical or a new plant, lots of things can trigger a new allergy and I know for a fact that tree pollen levels have been almost dangerously high where I live.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well I know I have allergies but nothing seems to relieve the problem... I have tried all over the counter and my nose still runs... sometimes like facuet mostly at school.

This past semster I started getting itchy skin, I wanted to believe from stress from school. Maybe it is but I dont think so. It just wont stop keeps itching....

I have tried some of the anti itch (benedryl) they did not work but the ones made for eczema do.... but its temporary.... I have to apply it every day, two times a day.

Quoting Amyt0218:

Sounds like you have an allergy to something. Take some allergy medicine And use anti itch cream

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

that doesnt sound good. Every time I get something it doesnt go away :(

I have a special cream for my private area... Ya even that has skin issues LOL. I had a biopsy done and nothing came up so I have skin irratation down there too ugh. Its permanent... The cream does make it go away for like a week then I have apply maybe two days. Sometimes I can go two weeks no cream but the point is, its always there :(

Quoting torre667:

Her ears itch, and are bleeding from the scratching. Her neck and face as well.  I gave her some tea tree oil I had.  Stinks, ugh, but she said it only helps for so long.  Dr. gave her something, but she said it was expensive.  Ya, hope it goes away soon, if it is just stress, and not dem fleas  ;)~

Quoting thetrollcat:

hmmm it could be I havent narrowed it completely out. I just finished off with six classes which had me stressed to the max. My hair is also thinning which is due to sress...

I hope it goes away now that Im done with school....... But so far its still the same :(

Quoting torre667:

My friend is having this very same issue.  Her dermatologist says it is a stress rash.  Who knew?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well I know I have allergies but nothing seems to relieve the problem... I have tried all over the counter and my nose still runs... sometimes like facuet mostly at school.

This past semster I started getting itchy skin, I wanted to believe from stress from school. Maybe it is but I dont think so. It just wont stop keeps itching....

I have tried some of the anti itch (benedryl) they did not work but the ones made for eczema do.... but its temporary.... I have to apply it every day, two times a day.

Quoting Amyt0218:

Sounds like you have an allergy to something. Take some allergy medicine And use anti itch cream

preacherskid
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yeah congestion/sinus and itch are completely separate reactions for me- I can have one or the other, or both.  I have not found any medication, even prescription, that fully gets rid of the itch.  I know mine is related to tree pollen, it always gets worse when tree pollen spikes (I have been itching a lot lately :/).  Have you checked pollen counts in your area?  The Weather Channel site actually tells you what pollen is highest each day.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Oh I know I am allergic to the damn school! The auto body shop was below us so I know that is my trigger....

However, Im done with school it is still going on.... Last day at school was Thursday...

I have tried Claritin, Allgera, and a few others. No Go my nose still runs MOSTLY at school. At home my nose is fine but the itching is still there.

Quoting preacherskid:

Itchy face/neck is a sign my allergies are flaring badly, along with an incredible constant itch inside my mouth- a majority of my allergies are oral, so I keep track.  What allergy meds have you tried?  You might also try a quick shower at night before bed to wash off the pollen, change clothes once you get home, etc- there could be something at the school you are actually allergic to, a new cleaning chemical or a new plant, lots of things can trigger a new allergy and I know for a fact that tree pollen levels have been almost dangerously high where I live.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Amyt0218:

CafeMom Tickers
torre667
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Oh nos!  Gotta say, that sounds freaking awful!  So sorry, not a fun place to itch, let alone in public, lol. Damn, I have sensitive skin as well.  But nothing like that.  Hope you find a cure or a remedy, at least! And fast!

Quoting thetrollcat:

that doesnt sound good. Every time I get something it doesnt go away :(

I have a special cream for my private area... Ya even that has skin issues LOL. I had a biopsy done and nothing came up so I have skin irratation down there too ugh. Its permanent... The cream does make it go away for like a week then I have apply maybe two days. Sometimes I can go two weeks no cream but the point is, its always there :(

Quoting torre667:

Her ears itch, and are bleeding from the scratching. Her neck and face as well.  I gave her some tea tree oil I had.  Stinks, ugh, but she said it only helps for so long.  Dr. gave her something, but she said it was expensive.  Ya, hope it goes away soon, if it is just stress, and not dem fleas  ;)~

Quoting thetrollcat:

hmmm it could be I havent narrowed it completely out. I just finished off with six classes which had me stressed to the max. My hair is also thinning which is due to sress...

I hope it goes away now that Im done with school....... But so far its still the same :(

Quoting torre667:

My friend is having this very same issue.  Her dermatologist says it is a stress rash.  Who knew?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Amyt0218:

FL2AK
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I have allergies and get the same thing on my face and neck. Allegra makes an allergy cream that helps.
nyxiemist
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

I really wouldn't suggest using Vaseline. Try coconut oil. It will soothe and hydrate without clogging pores or causing further irritation.

I love coconut oil. It's amazing stuff.

sharonuk1989
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Have you come into something that might have caused you to have an allergic reaction?  For my dry, itchy skin I use a product called CapriClear.  Its 100% all natural, clear and non-oily.  It's made from coconut oil but doesn't smell of coconuts.  Give it a try. For me it's take out the itch and the redness out of my skin and leaves it smooth.  I used to get it on their website, but now you can buy it at Ulta. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

today it wasnt too bad. Im thinking stress is triggering it. I know I have seasonal allegeries which is part of it but I think the stress was making it severe. It seems to be getting better. I am using the neosprin version for eczema. At night Im using (thinking) they make products for skin allergies.... Aveeno made for eczema. The neosprin makes it stop IMMEDIATELY like in the morning its terrible Im like dying from itch. At night the Aveeno seems to make it less in the morning.

But I just finished school on Thursday lol. So hubby says wait this week and see if it decreases. Today has been the best so far in months. Then again I went shopping yesterday and had me some fun putting us in debt. Im sure the debt once I get the bill will trigger it again :O

Quoting sharonuk1989:

Have you come into something that might have caused you to have an allergic reaction?  For my dry, itchy skin I use a product called CapriClear.  Its 100% all natural, clear and non-oily.  It's made from coconut oil but doesn't smell of coconuts.  Give it a try. For me it's take out the itch and the redness out of my skin and leaves it smooth.  I used to get it on their website, but now you can buy it at Ulta. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured