Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For moms that have had a miscarriage

Posted by   + Show Post

So my sister law found out she is pregnant a little over a week Go.well Thursday  she went to the hospital because she started bleeding and cramping real bad.they did an ultrasound (she is suppose to be 6 weeks) she said the hospital wasn't also to find a sac and that her HGC levels Are 800.they told her that don't think she is having a miscarriage but she needed to see her OB.so she saw the OB Friday and the OB did an exam and when the on was doing the exam she said she saw somthing coming out that looked like a blood clot but thinks it might be the fetus.so she took a sample to have tested and my SIL has to go back tomorrow.she said she is still bleeding and passing blood clots.so here is the question she wanted me to ask she has a blood clot disorder she was on meds for about 3yrs for them.she wants to know if there is still a good chance she can be pregnant. Her OB said she is probably having a miscarriage but can't be 100% sure and said her levels were pretty low for being 6 weeks.so she said any advice would really help.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Replies (21-24):
Babymama7710
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I think she already knows its coming that she lost the baby but just wants to hold on to that little hope that she still is pregnant.but I think the facts they couldn't find anything on the ultrasound kinda says it all and I feel so bad for her

Quoting DarksMama:

She should brace for a miscarriage. Sounds like it's already very well underway, and all they can do now, is monitor her to make sure it all resolves itself. Sucks big time for her.

Babymama7710
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

She said the doctor told her the cervix is still closed.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

If something was coming out, then her cervix was open and she is miscarrying. So sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Sorry... Sounds like a mc. I'm on blood thinners for my clotting disorders for this pregnancy.
MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
If her cervix is still closed then there is still hope. But fair warning I bled for two weeks with my cervix closed. They finally found a heartbeat at seven weeks. The next day I had another ultrasound and the baby had passed and was being expelled.

Quoting Babymama7710:

She said the doctor told her the cervix is still closed.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

If something was coming out, then her cervix was open and she is miscarrying. So sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN