Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using fs on vacation? Its not abuse!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

Our 1st week long vacation is coming up! We are driving 1 state over and I was wondering if my food stamp card would work in a different state?

For those of you who answered my question thank you. Everyone else I know it doesn't matter what I say you will still disagree. I know what's best for my family just as you know what is best for yours. 

Dh has 3 weeks in between his semester and has a 1 week paid vacation he has to use. The cost of our trip is only around $500, we will be camping out and relaxing. As I mentioned in one post the trip is being paid for with birthday money and saved tax money.

This has been our worst year ever! In just a few short months dh was in an accident, and has had to address new medical problems. He started having problems with alcohol due to work and school overload. My anxiety went into over drive till I could get some meds to help, and this just in I found out 1 day I was pregnant and 2 days later I'm rushed to the ER. So forgive me for needing this and not thinking in anyway that its abuse!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMissfit
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM

smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I live in NC and when I went to SC for a family emergency they wouldn't work. But that was maybe 7 years ago.
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I would imagine so! I live in Wisconsin, we were accepted for FS through Wisconsin and we live 10 minutes away from Ill where we do our grocery shopping and Walmart accepts it still.  

Butttttttt...I don't know, I am no expert.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Yes it will work.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

It should

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM
6 moms liked this

angryIf you aren't making enough money that you need Food Stamps why are you going on vacation. You are the reason people who truly need help get bashed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our 1st week long vacation is coming up! We are driving 1 state over and I was wondering if my food stamp card would work in a different state?

Anonymous
I don't think so...
Anonymous
Just curious, how do you afford this vacation? We're both disabled and get fs but in no way can afford a vacation.
Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM
You can't afford food but you can afford a vacation? Holy shit balls. I'm walking away.
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Good point! I am naturally curious now too..hmmmm?

Quoting Anonymous:

angryIf you aren't making enough money that you need Food Stamps why are you going on vacation. You are the reason people who truly need help get bashed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured