Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should child support be used for then???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

In a group on fb one of the ladies asked a question. This is the question: "if the woman is the custodial parent and files for child support because they need it but the father is in a better position to raise the child how many would give custody opposed to getting the check?"

Someone answered the question saying that she thought that child support should only go to the child and not any of the bills or utilities where a child lives (which I'm assuming also means cell phones,cable/satellie if youre able to afford it, etc)

So what do you ladies think about this? Should Child support only be used for Child support? And if a custodial parent cant afford to maintain their household, would it be in their best interest to just give the child to the  non custodial parent, if they can afford it?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I think there are a lot of factors to consider.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Your question is all over the place so I don't really know just what you're asking.

But are you trying to imply that financial status is the only factor in someone's ability to parent? Smfh
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Your question is all over the place so I don't really know just what you're asking.

But are you trying to imply that financial status is the only factor in someone's ability to parent? Smfh

If you learn how to read, *I* wasn't implying anything. This is what someone else wrote in a group I am in on FB. So I was just curious to know what other women thought about it.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this

You have to pay bills to support the child..  No, I don't think the parent with more money should get custody instead of paying CS. Sounds stupid to me.

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM
10 moms liked this

I feel like I just got mind fucked.

Child support should be used on anything the child uses. Certain things should always come first, obviously. Food, shelter & clothing. Then extra curricular things he/she wants to join. If mom or dad wants to use their child's support on rent, car insurance payments, so freaking what? As long as everything else has been provided. Honestly, I don't think it's any one else's business what happens with the child support that one receives. Unless it's used for illegal substances or any kind of dumb fuckery like that.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I think that's what she's getting at. Way messed up if that's what she thinks

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

LOL Sorry. This is actually how it was written in the group I am in, give or take some details.

Anyway, I agree but I was just wondering how other woman viewed it.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Child support should be used on anything the child uses. Certain things should always come first, obviously. Food, shelter & clothing. Then extra curricular things he/she wants to join. If mom or dad wants to use their child's support on rent, car insurance payments, so freaking what? As long as everything else has been provided. Honestly, I don't think it's any one else's business what happens with the child support that one receives. Unless it's used for illegal substances or any kind of dumb fuckery like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
5 moms liked this

I think that paying for the utiltities and things like that contribute to the child. I think everyone trying to disect child support is a complete waste of time. If I get $300 a month in child support and choose to get my nails done, that is my choice. As long as all of the bills are paid and the child is taken care of then who cares? Its like people think that that $300 that comes in should sit in a little pile somewhere and that the parent should only take it out to directly pay for things for the kid. That's not how it works. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

LMFAO! I'm with you, we'll said! :)

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Your assumptions would be wrong. 

Quoting vegaswife2011:

I think that's what she's getting at. Way messed up if that's what she thinks

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)