Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
This is a store that buys gently used kids clothes and items. Has anyone ever been there? Are their offers good?
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Their stuff is junk. I can get brand new things on sale for cheaper.
amberbamber0213
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

platos closet for babies? consignment shops do too.

cyork2
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
this. they overprice everything!

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

I think they are too expensive for used items..

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on May. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought a mutsy stroller there today. We got a good deal.
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Wow...you are cheap.  It's not like Goodwill that will take basically anything.  It's gently-used name brand stuff.  $20 jeans for $10 is a damn good deal IMO. 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

from a thrift store hell yes!

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Brand-name jeans for $8-$10 is expensive to you?

Quoting cupcake_mom:

this store is very expensive! and they dont pay you shit for your clothes. find a locally owned place. they pay better and their prices are better

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
thats the thing, its not a thrift store, a thrift store items are donated. this is a consignment shop. they buy the items and make a profit off of them. dont like it buy crappy stained and torn things at goodwill.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

from a thrift store hell yes!

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Brand-name jeans for $8-$10 is expensive to you?

Quoting cupcake_mom:

this store is very expensive! and they dont pay you shit for your clothes. find a locally owned place. they pay better and their prices are better

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

They have much better product then a thrift store. And it's quicker and easier. Clothes are all clean with no stains. They are usually correctly placed and sorted by size and color in most cases.

In a thrift store you  might find some good items also-but you have to be the one checking for stains and tears and some of their product is quite out of date....

If i need to pick up 10 shirts for the summer for my younger son-I can do it in 5 minutes for about $35-$40 at OUC. Going the the thrift store might cost me only $25-but I would have to sort thru tons of clothes and spend a lot longer looking for stains etc...and my time is worth far far more than $10 an hour.....

cmabbott
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I love once upon a child!
Mama110981
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Im actually going this week to sell ds clothes and bouncer. He had so many brand new outfits. Some he never even got to wear. They have a website, u can find the nearest store to u. When I called the other day they said as far as clothes they are only accepting spring and summer stuff right now and wont take the fall and winter stuff till aug
4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Cool, thanks ladies. I mostly want to sell some stuff I have. I have some jean shorts from Justice and good baby clothes. Hopefully they offer me a decent amount.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)