Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
This is a store that buys gently used kids clothes and items. Has anyone ever been there? Are their offers good?
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
fairyjester
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM

yep thats what i always looked for when shopping there

Quoting colins_mom:

seriously they have to make some money. and I have bought brand new clothes there (still had tags on) that at target or elsewhere would cost 20 or more for 3-4 dollars. its what you would pay at goodwill

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

I think they are too expensive for used items..

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

4_little_angels
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Yea at this point I just want to get rid of all this stuff I have and make a little extra money so I will probably take what they offer me anyway.

Quoting Mama110981:

I honestly dont care what they offer me as long as i get something back

Quoting 4_little_angels:

Cool, thanks ladies. I mostly want to sell some stuff I have. I have some jean shorts from Justice and good baby clothes. Hopefully they offer me a decent amount.

slransde
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I love it. I spent $50 there today and left with about 20 pieces of clothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I found brand new clothes at Walmart cheaper.  The exact same line and everything. 

Also, I tried to trade in clothes there once and they gave the box back and said they wouldn't buy any of them.  I couldn't believe it because there were a few nice dresses in there.  I checked the box and the dresses were gone.  So, not only did I get nothing, they stole clothes from it. 

I REFUSE to ever go there again.

BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I get clothes at Target for way cheaper than at Once Upon a Child. That place is expensive as all hell. They wanted 25$ for a pajama set that they were selling brand new at Target for 20$. I understand the whole having to make money thing, but the stuff is second hand. Not first hand, and most of it is priced way too high.

Quoting colins_mom:

seriously they have to make some money. and I have bought brand new clothes there (still had tags on) that at target or elsewhere would cost 20 or more for 3-4 dollars. its what you would pay at goodwill

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Photobucket

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
damn! I.have never seen anything more than 5 dollars at the one here

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

I get clothes at Target for way cheaper than at Once Upon a Child. That place is expensive as all hell. They wanted 25$ for a pajama set that they were selling brand new at Target for 20$. I understand the whole having to make money thing, but the stuff is second hand. Not first hand, and most of it is priced way too high.

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

surromama
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to go there, but they are way overpriced now. The pennies they give when you sell new or gently used clothes, etc is ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM
The one here is crazy. I don't know how they're still open. The stuff is super over-priced. I usually end up going to Salvation Army if I want secondhand stuff.
Quoting colins_mom:

damn! I.have never seen anything more than 5 dollars at the one here

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

Quoting colins_mom:

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Photobucket

headingsouth13
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM

the one i use to visit was in Georgia. some of the stores are a little cheaper but a vast majority are pricey

Quoting 4_little_angels:

I'm in Florida.

Quoting headingsouth13:

i have and they have nice but they are over priced for used stuff. where are you by chance

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

To that one specifically, no.  But I find most of the children's consignment shops pay pennies on the dollar and turn around to sell it 10% off retail.

Give me Craigslist, Ebay, garage sale or thrift store any day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN