Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
This is a store that buys gently used kids clothes and items. Has anyone ever been there? Are their offers good?
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Replies (61-69):
kat1116
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it's the one around here but I think they are way overpriced and the stuff always looks more than just "gently worn" We are talking severely faded and in some cases fraying. I am pretty good at finding clearance online and in stores so I can usually get my kids clothes pretty decent prices new. I never pay much more than a few $$$ per item.

cupcake_mom
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM

i have worked at a consignment store before, and yes it is pretty much the same thing as a thrift store. and the things i buy from the local thrift stores here NEVER have stains or holes. i am not going to pay 10 bucks for a pair of pants someone else has already worn. no matter where it comes from. and i dont shop at good will because they hire handicapped people and treat them like pure shit! i have witnessed it and i have called about it and they still do it. so screw good will i will stick with my local places that treat their employees properly no matter if they are handicapped or not

Quoting Anonymous:

thats the thing, its not a thrift store, a thrift store items are donated. this is a consignment shop. they buy the items and make a profit off of them. dont like it buy crappy stained and torn things at goodwill.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

from a thrift store hell yes!

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Brand-name jeans for $8-$10 is expensive to you?

Quoting cupcake_mom:

this store is very expensive! and they dont pay you shit for your clothes. find a locally owned place. they pay better and their prices are better

MoonShadowDream
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

eh. they're okay. more expensive than goodwill

Mistygirl
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine just bought her two sons a whole summer wardrobe for under 100 bucks there and they look great. I am planning on going and stocking up on some things before our baby is born.  However I am fom Colorado and the store here believes in not overpricing everything, they want to compare to goodwill. 

LaughingTattoo
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

They are over priced. I can find brand new name brand clothing for much cheaper AT the original store.

Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yes I have, I think they are WAY too expensive!! I can get brand new clothing at gap/old navy/childrens place on sale for the same price or cheaper. I quickly realized it wasn't worth it. But I have sold some stuff there, its nice for that lol

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM
wow. the one here wont even accept jeans with mud stains on the cuffs. they will on occasion accept a little bit of wear on Boys clothes but thats it.

Quoting kat1116:

Maybe it's the one around here but I think they are way overpriced and the stuff always looks more than just "gently worn" We are talking severely faded and in some cases fraying. I am pretty good at finding clearance online and in stores so I can usually get my kids clothes pretty decent prices new. I never pay much more than a few $$$ per item.

4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Wow. I have a couple of jean shorts from Justice and some Carters and Gymboree baby clothes. What do you think they would give me?

Quoting LexiMariex3:

I use to work at once upon a child. Don't sell your stuff there unless your desperite.

If you sell a swing that costed $150 when you bought it. We would sell it for $75 and offer you about $30. If the item is one of the top 5 most needed. They tell us to take whatever sale price is, take half price of that and then take off about half of that. 

If the clothes have even a little stain...They won't buy it. 

I tried to sell 15 vtech smile games to them..They sell 2 games for $6.50 for both and they offered me $8 for all 15.

Its a major rip off.

4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I have about 10 outfits...I would be happy with fifty bucks lol.

Quoting Jubileee:

I sold 10 clothes items for $50 last month. I like them. Sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)