Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So you're NEVER apart?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 311 Replies
4 moms liked this
Another post got me thinking. Are you and your SO/DH ALWAYS together? Like he goes to work but as soon as he comes home, every single errand or moment of your day you spend together? I can't imagine never being away from mine and having my dh and kids with me 24/7, 365. Sometimes I like to go catch a movie with a friend, run to Target to try on some clothes, go get a haircut at a salon and chat with the hairdresser. This one mom was saying her dh works and she runs any errands she has while he's at work and they talk every day during his entire lunch break, the shower together every day and EVERY errand that is run when he's not at work is a family event and she's never ever away from him. Don't get me wrong, we spend a lot of time together on the weekends or after work, but sometimes, you need time with friends or a break from your kids. Please tell me I'm not the only one who would go nuts if I never had a moment to myself!

Edit: To those ladies who are with their SO every waking moment of every day, you must have no social life at all and your SO's must have no buddy time either. That isn't even healthy!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm going to Six Flags with my mom and brothers next week. No kids, no husband. ;)
armywifey26
by Krissy on May. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM
15 moms liked this

No. I would rip my hair out and possibly do bodily harm to my DH if we had to be together every single spare moment. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I spend a LOT of time with my DH.

He gets lonely easily.

I do all my away from home stuff while he's at work so I can be home to do what he needs when he gets here.
Moe1521
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Idk, since I'm always with my DH unless he is away for the military. Otherwise we're always together, but that's for some extenuating circumstances at the moment. I don't mind it, I don't go crazy, but sometimes I think it would be nice to go out with the girls.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this
95% of the time yes. We dont mind it and love spending time together.
SP_Mama
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

We are pretty much together unless he's at work or I'm grocery shopping.  Sometimes when he goes to pick up SS, I stay home if I'm not feeling up to it but we spend most of our free time together as a family.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Is it weird that little unknown me feels honored to get a spin off?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I work, he works. I have days off he doesn't. So I often am out running around on my own but the weekends we have together we are typically together doing things. yard work, house work, shopping, dinner, movies , friends.

Tiffanie2
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Nah...I can't see never being away from my husband.  He's away all day at work while I'm at home.  We spend evenings together during the week and on the weekends.  But weekends during the day he takes the kids so I can have some me time....to go shopping, get a massage, nails done...whatever.  I'd go crazy if I couldn't get away from him and the kids a little.

kyliemaynard
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

That's a little much :/ .. I need breaks from my DH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN