Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The difference between past immigrants and immigrants of today...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
7 moms liked this

past immigrants came here to make something of their lives. They worked hard, built businesses and so on. Todays immigrants (most of them) come here for the welfare. Its a sad truth.

Dont believe me? Look at the rising numbers of immigrants and PA recipients. Oh, and for the naive there are more than one type of immigrant. All kinds of people come to America. So no, you cant call me racist. Maybe just in tune with the world and what is really going on. :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Do you have anything to back up your "truth"? Sounds like racist bullshit to me.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Not necessarily. I know people who have immigrated here today and came here for a better life.  We can't judge all immigrants by a few. 

Although my father in law was a past immigrant. He was 11 when he immigrated here. He is 70 now. I am proud to be a part of his family.  

honeychildmama
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Uhh... I live in Texas and tge majority of immigrants here work harder then a lot of people ego were born citizens. The sad truth is that millions of American citizens are on welfare. Most anericans aren't willing to work the jobs that immigrants take because it is to labor intensive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

um...what race are we talking about? You do realize there are more than one who immigrate, right? ugh...I live in the big city, I have all the proof living around me. Oh, and the rising number of immigrants and PA recipients. Its obvious!

Quoting LoriLou75:

Do you have anything to back up your "truth"? Sounds like racist bullshit to me.

RMC007
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't call it the sad truth because what you say is based off of assumptions. Many immagrants do not come to the US simply to sit on their butts and collect welfare, many leave because even a life of poverty in America is better than the life they had back home. I have worked with several immigrants who left decent careers only to work as a cook or buss boy at a restaurant for pennies above minimum wage. Most of these people worked two full time jobs. They left because their home country was not safe.

Where I live, drive by any Home Depot or Lowes in the morning and what do you see? Plenty of immigrants (I am assuming) men standing on the corner waiting to be picked up for some type of daily work. Most immigrants do work hard, and work damn hard for not very much money.

Also, there are also plenty of immagrants that are not poor. We have a huge population of very wealthy immagrants living in my city. Oil and Gas is big business and many companies bring over people to work. I can go to the mall on any day of the week and see a multi-culture of people speaking different languages carrying around tons of bags. I am sure some of these people are here on business, others pleasure, but plenty more are here for legit work, and making much more money than the average American.

My step-father is from Canada. He was transfered to Houston (where I live) twenty years ago. He did not come for the welfare, he came because it is where his job took him. My cousin's husband is from Germany, he also moved to the states for a job. His job has employees from all over the world. It is called International Business, and the company needs people who can communicate with people from all over the world.

My point, not all immagrants sneak over just to be on food stamps.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM
My dh is from russia. He now has a petro degree and id an engineer. In my experience many people from other countries are way ahead of us in education but lack opportunities

Quoting Thelmama:

Not necessarily. I know people who have immigrated here today and came here for a better life.  We can't judge all immigrants by a few. 

Although my father in law was a past immigrant. He was 11 when he immigrated here. He is 70 now. I am proud to be a part of his family.  

svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Only their american born kids would get pa. U cant even get anything pa wise if u r a legal resident

Quoting Anonymous:

um...what race are we talking about? You do realize there are more than one who immigrate, right? ugh...I live in the big city, I have all the proof living around me. Oh, and the rising number of immigrants and PA recipients. Its obvious!

Quoting LoriLou75:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

LMAO! I mean people all around the world! Not just one race! UGH!

Quoting svolkov:

Only their american born kids would get pa. U cant even get anything pa wise if u r a legal resident

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I never said all. There is just a big difference though

Quoting RMC007:

I wouldn't call it the sad truth because what you say is based off of assumptions. Many immagrants do not come to the US simply to sit on their butts and collect welfare, many leave because even a life of poverty in America is better than the life they had back home. I have worked with several immigrants who left decent careers only to work as a cook or buss boy at a restaurant for pennies above minimum wage. Most of these people worked two full time jobs. They left because their home country was not safe.

Where I live, drive by any Home Depot or Lowes in the morning and what do you see? Plenty of immigrants (I am assuming) men standing on the corner waiting to be picked up for some type of daily work. Most immigrants do work hard, and work damn hard for not very much money.

Also, there are also plenty of immagrants that are not poor. We have a huge population of very wealthy immagrants living in my city. Oil and Gas is big business and many companies bring over people to work. I can go to the mall on any day of the week and see a multi-culture of people speaking different languages carrying around tons of bags. I am sure some of these people are here on business, others pleasure, but plenty more are here for legit work, and making much more money than the average American.

My step-father is from Canada. He was transfered to Houston (where I live) twenty years ago. He did not come for the welfare, he came because it is where his job took him. My cousin's husband is from Germany, he also moved to the states for a job. His job has employees from all over the world. It is called International Business, and the company needs people who can communicate with people from all over the world.

My point, not all immagrants sneak over just to be on food stamps.

areid1023
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

you are so full of shit and ignorance it hurts. 

nothing you said is in any way 'proof' of the point you're trying to make. it only proves how ignorant you are. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoriLou75:

my little bug! 11-29-08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)