Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Planned Pregnancies

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

For those of you who had planned pregnancies:

What made you decide to have a kid? Or have another kid?

What made you think you were ready?

How did you know that it was the right time?

Sorry...just crossed my mind. I'm curious how you plan to have a baby. :)

by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BabyBoy080112
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM

BUMP!

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

well I always knew I wanted to be a Mother, we decided that we would have kids right away but a year after we were married, I tracked my fertility, I always knew I wanted more than one, I wanted them to be close together although we waited until she was at least a year to try again.  We have 2 kids and after 2 miscarriages, I think having another is no longer an option since my cut off age was 35 and it is my 35th birthday next week.

hnischke
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
We sat down looked at finances, our schooling/ work schedules, and talked about the pros and cons. It was the best conversation ever because after trying for 12 months we got pregnant with our son :)
Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I was done with school, everything in my life was going great, and my son wanted a sibling.

aJiG827
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Our first was not planned. lol And after she came along, we weren't going to have any more, because he has two older boys. He felt that three was enough. But, I told him that while HE had 3, I only had 1, and I needed to be mommy to more than 1 (don't say anything about how his boys are my boys too. They aren't. They're his, and they're my stepsons. But I am not their mom). I wanted our daughter to have a sister (obviously couldn't plan that part lol), a sibling who was there with her all the time, not just every other weekend. So, he agreed. I wanted them close in age, and since she was going to be 2 in a couple months, we decided to start trying. I got my BFP one week after her birthday. =) And I am SO glad we had another. My big girl got a baby sister, and she loves her so much. She is a wonderful big sister. The boys love having two sisters. Our family feels complete now.

eta: not saying anyone would jump on me about not calling the boys mine, but people have in the past. I love them. Very much. But they're not mine. 

20Keller12
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM

We just thought it was time :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM
It's cliche, but you just KNOW.
bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I wish I could answer your questions.. None of my three pregnancies were planned, as a matter of fact they happened at bad times but I love my babies.. My first I got preg with I was 14, secon a month before my wedding and third right when I started a goverment job... So as you can see never planned mine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN