Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was this an okay tip?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I got my sons haircut yesterday. It was $10. I tipped her $3. She seemed pissed. The haircut took less rhan five mins btw. I thought it was okay for a tip....am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM
No. He was great. He just sat there and did not talk to her though lol. It took less than five mins.
So I did good on the tip then. I feel better!!

Quoting NBean311:

30% is a generous tip. 

I used to be a hairdresser, and 15% was the expected amount. Unless children are particularly difficult, I don't see any reason to be upset about the amount of the tip. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Depends on where you go and your state province. 

In my province you do not have to be licences or go to school. 

If its a place like Magicuts or a low budget place $3 for a $10 cut is ok. If its a higher end place $5-10. 

Remember your stylist went to school to learn how to use chemicals to open your hair cutical to change its colour or shape. To give a good scalp massage. To keep up to date on current trends and more!

if the cut was good give $5...

besides us hairdressers have websites like cafemom to talk about our clients

Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I believe in a 5-10 $ minimum tip for a haircut. But I don't think youe tip sounds particularly stingy and its very ruse for the lady to show she's pissed about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Right... She didnt do any of that. Just gave him a buzz cut. So I should have tipped her $10? I dont think so lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends on where you go and your state province. 

In my province you do not have to be licences or go to school. 

If its a place like Magicuts or a low budget place $3 for a $10 cut is ok. If its a higher end place $5-10. 

Remember your stylist went to school to learn how to use chemicals to open your hair cutical to change its colour or shape. To give a good scalp massage. To keep up to date on current trends and more!

if the cut was good give $5...

besides us hairdressers have websites like cafemom to talk about our clients

manda-nicole010
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Seems like a good tip to me. Her attitude seemed wrong though.

jaspersmommy3
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM
My mother is an hairdresser she charges way more than that, and she doesn't expect any kind of tip, if they want to then awesome but otherwise she doesn't expect one- so yes it was just fine.
Omd12
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:33 AM
My son gets this complicated hair cut with designs so I tip $10 on a $10 cut. It takes the guy forever to do it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 4:42 AM
My sons haircut is 20, he is two and they always mess his hair up! I tip 4-5 dollars, and if the person looked offended I would erase the tip!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)