Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

suffering from headaches lasting longer then 24hrs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
Recently I have been getting pretty bad headaches the most pain is between my eyes and my forhead. Once they start they will not go away for more then 24hrs. This happens every other day for a couple weeks now. I'll go to bed with a headache, wake up with it, it will last all day till I go to sleep and ill wake up fine for the day then it will come back that night. I have tried tylonal, ibprophen, excedrin sp, and asprin, I've tried it all nothing with touch it.
I drink nothing but water and a ton of it, and I eat.
I'm not sure what is going on. Why are they lasting so long and nothing will touch it.
No health insurance and no doctor. I'm not the er person unless I really need to.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesistar6910
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Sounds like migraines maybe.

Put a cold or warm cloth over your eyes when you feel it coming on. Drink something with caffeine. Caffeine opens up the veins and arteries in the head, increasing blood flow thus reducing headache. Then keep fluid intake up by having a glass of water every couple of hours.

Usually county health clinics have sliding scale treatment, you could go see one of them for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Thank you, what has caffeine that would not affect my weight? I cut soda and coffee out for that.

Quoting jesistar6910:

Put a cold or warm cloth over your eyes when you feel it coming on. Drink something with caffeine. Caffeine opens up the veins and arteries in the head, increasing blood flow thus reducing headache. Then keep fluid intake up by having a glass of water every couple of hours.

Usually county health clinics have sliding scale treatment, you could go see one of them for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Migraine. A headache will go away with Tylenol, but not a migraine. Try taking some ibuprofen with a caffeinated drink, then lay down with a cool cloth over your eyes. It might help, it usually helps me when I get a migraine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
One drink isn't going to hurt.

When did you cut the soda and caffiene? You could be getting a withdrawal headache if it was recently.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, what has caffeine that would not affect my weight? I cut soda and coffee out for that.

Quoting jesistar6910:

BabyDamien13107
by 👽Normal on May. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Could it possibly be a sinus headache? You should try Sudafed and see if that works. I get migraines often and the pain is different, it's also accompanied by nausea and vomiting. TMI, but I've gotten pain similar to the one you described, on my forehead and between my eyes. And I notice I build up a lot of mucus in my nose and throat when that happen, I'm assuming it's pressure on the sinuses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM
About 6 months ago

Quoting Anonymous:

When did you cut the soda and caffiene? You could be getting a withdrawal headache if it was recently.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jesistar6910:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have allergies?...sorry if I'm annoying you with questions. Its just migraines can be caused by a lot of different things. So if you can figure out if there's been anything new going on lately you might be able to figure out what's causing them.

Quoting Anonymous:

About 6 months ago

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jesistar6910:

jesistar6910
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Tea. Green tea, black teas. That kind of thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jesistar6910:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM
No I get sinus headaches but they are different they sit on one side behind my eye, I also have cluster headaches which feel like my sinus headaches but a lot worst and last longer

Quoting BabyDamien13107:

Could it possibly be a sinus headache? You should try Sudafed and see if that works. I get migraines often and the pain is different, it's also accompanied by nausea and vomiting. TMI, but I've gotten pain similar to the one you described, on my forehead and between my eyes. And I notice I build up a lot of mucus in my nose and throat when that happen, I'm assuming it's pressure on the sinuses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I have allergies bit its not the same headache, see my comment above that I quoted about sinus headaches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have allergies?...sorry if I'm annoying you with questions. Its just migraines can be caused by a lot of different things. So if you can figure out if there's been anything new going on lately you might be able to figure out what's causing them.

Quoting Anonymous:

About 6 months ago

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jesistar6910:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN