Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That got creepy. I need serious advice! Creepy txt, what if he shows up tomorrow?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 289 Replies

A few text between a man who I became friends with a few months ago (the friendship ended after he started being too friendly because I'm married. He sends me these msges through textem.net not to my phone because I've changed my number. Anyways, I get on my textem and Here are a few of the msges he has sent)

"Bottom line he can't have you and he won't"

"he doesn't love you, he doesn't need you. I do"

"why won't you leave him? Are you scared? If you're fearful of one of us, you're fearing the wrong man"

"his power is a carefully crafted illusion.  Ill show you in person when he begs for his life on his knees"

"You don't know what I'm willing to do to another human being"

"I can't stand the thought of you in his house with him. He gets to enjoy your company, your beautiful face, your wonderful sense of humor, everything that should be mine. That is mine."

"why is he the one laying down with you at night? You will always be mine in my heart. And no other man should be touching my property"    (Property? Gee, you sure know how to make a lady feel special)

"I have NOTHING to lose without you. I heard through a friend you guys were moving. If he takes off with you I don't care where it is, I will hunt him like a dog" (We are just moving right up the road)

"I don't want a life without you, and you don't need one without me,"

"Why aren't you texting back? If he's harassing you, abusing you, whatever right now I will find out and it'll be the last time he does. If I don't hear back from you by 2pm tomorrow I'm coming over"

So, those are just a few of the text. NOW usually I would just brush this off as someone trying to seem tough but towards the end of our friendship he had a gun out, followed a guy to his house,threatened to kill him, said he'd have to kill himself and me too if he shot the guy, etc etc just because the guy gave me his number.  See why we aren't friends anymore? Here's the problem, my husband doesn't want me having anything to do with him. I CAN NOT tell my husband he texted me because my husband will flip and accuse me of contacting him. I can NOT tell him. But I'm also a bit scared, what do I say back to this guy to calm him down?

EDIT: DH cannot know! That's why I can't just go to the police. I know how DH is, he will say I encouraged it, started the convo, texted him back the entire time and just deleted the outbox, etc.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeamTARDIS
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:57 AM
5 moms liked this
Tell him that this guy found you and texted you, then take the texts to the police.
Jubileee
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Print it out and take to the cops for a restraining order?
HandMmom12
by Jody on May. 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I would call the cops. Those are threats and he obviously needs mental help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I can't, DH cannot know

Quoting Jubileee:

Print it out and take to the cops for a restraining order?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I can't call the cops. I know how DH is, he CAN NOT know. 

Jubileee
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:59 AM
5 moms liked this
Well he should know now since his life is in danger obviously

Quoting Anonymous:I can't, DH cannot know
Quoting Jubileee:Print it out and take to the cops for a restraining order?
Delila12
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You're going to have to tell your Dh. Besides, he'll take it better coming from you than from someone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
um you don't have a choice. that is classic, dangerous stalkerish behavior. Go to the police and get a RO or OOP.
jesistar6910
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM

get off of this "textem" thing and ignore him. Print out the messages and take them to the police. Don't say anything more to the guy, cut off all contact. Show your DH the printout and tell him the truth: the guy contacted you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I just really can't tell him, it won't go well.

Quoting Jubileee:

Well he should know now since his life is in danger obviously

Quoting Anonymous:I can't, DH cannot know
Quoting Jubileee:Print it out and take to the cops for a restraining order?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)