Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

friendless?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have had same group of girl friends since high school, and I haven't seen or heard from any of them in 5months & idk I'm I the only one who craves girl time? ...then again I'm only one not married & is 1 kids more than all of them. As single mom, I'm surprised I have more time & better organized. Just doesn't make sense to me
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM

suck it up buttercup!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:43 AM
They have husbands to hang out with and care for. A lot of times when people marry, they forget about their friends
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Can you make really good coffee? Lure them back :D
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:53 AM
I haven't had girl friends since I was about 17, so 7 years ago. Then when I got serious with DH I dropped all my male friends. So I've been friendless for about 4-5 years. It's not that bad, really.
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM

i don't think you are more organized, but you have LESS responsibilities.

i am married and have married friends, we all have at least 2+ kids, and we have plenty of girl time, and family time, or "families" time

my single friends, have the time too, but when you have 4 "families" getting together you do tend to forget about the single mom friends, except when it comes to girls night out

it's not intentional

xomrs.chase
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:34 AM
People change. *shrug* im not really friends with my hs besties. We keep in touch kind of.. like happy birthdays and what not. I made new friends. Some are single, some are married, some are parents.
NNB
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, I find this kinda harsh and i'm not a single mum.. you forget about them because they don't have a dh/so? That's nasty!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

i am married and have married friends, we all have at least 2+ kids, and we have plenty of girl time, and family time, or "families" time

my single friends, have the time too, but when you have 4 "families" getting together you do tend to forget about the single mom friends, except when it comes to girls night out

it's not intentional

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

it's NOT intentional as i stated, but it happens, its life

Quoting NNB:

Oh wow, I find this kinda harsh and i'm not a single mum.. you forget about them because they don't have a dh/so? That's nasty!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

it's not intentional

ochoa.mama
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Um how do you figure I have less responsibilities? I don't share my bills, chords,kids & work more than they do. I'm on top of everything. They have there husband's & for what ever reason I'm the one they count on to remember everything during outings. So tell me??? They have each other & all have parents & in-laws in my case I don't have either. Shouldn't 2 heads be better than one? Or 6 for that matter?

Quoting AJsMom81507:

it's not intentional

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN