Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So damn mad at my brother's girlfriend! long vent

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 2 Replies
A little background. My brother is 13 years older than I am. We have another younger brother who is 11 months younger than I. My older brother and I have always been close. My little brother has always been an ass to me.

In 2011, I moved from Chicago to Georgia (my hometown) with my children to live with my brother and his 'family'. He had been dating this girl for a year when I moved in that has 4 children, 2 of which were teenagers and lived at home.

During my time living there, his girlfriend was basically using me. I never left the house because I had no way to get around. I was always at home with my kids and her teenagers, who don't listen at all. My children going to the Dr wasn't priority to her. My son starting school wasn't priority. Even though I was paying 1/2 the bills, my brother's girlfriend ruled over everything. Hell, when my youngest was 6 months and spent 3 nights in the pediatric hospital for RSV, all she could do was call me and say I needed to bring my daughter home so she didn't have to watch my other 2 and she could go do what she wanted.

Eventually, we got into an argument and I got kicked out, with my children.

Fast-forward to now. I find out that when my brother filed his taxes, he claimed I was working for him and made over $12,000 in 2011. Now, I owe the IRS $5 grand.

I spent $50 on a tattoo. She calls me the next day asking to borrow $. I tell her I can't because what $ I have is for my son's 7th birthday. She gets pissed and says 'You got a tattoo, you must have money. Since your brother and I helped you when you needed it and you can't help us when we need it, when he gets out of jail, don't contact him.'

1st off, it's my $.
2nd off, I spent my last $50 of my splurge money on the tattoo, the day BEFORE she asked.
3rd, he's been my brother for almost 28 years. You've been with him 3 years now. Who has seniority, bitch?
4th, my kids come before anyone.

Ugh. I'm so livid.
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but I blame your brother for allowing her to treat you the way she does.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I agree with this. He should have the balls to defend you... You are his family, she is not his wife...

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m:

Sorry but I blame your brother for allowing her to treat you the way she does.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)